Re: FA: Cheap SD card on eBay

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by John Navas, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. John Navas

    John Navas Guest

    In <> on 14 Jul 2003 09:33:25
    -0700, (Your Name) wrote:

    >[SNIP]

    Please do not post eBay or other auction ads here. This is not a forsale
    newsgroup, much less a newsgroup for auction ads. (See the eBay UseNet policy
    at <http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html>. Ads of any kind generally
    belong only in newsgroups that specifically allow them; e.g.,
    misc.forsale.computers.* -- for more information, see
    <http://www.faqs.org/faqs/misc-forsale-faq/buying-selling/>. See also
    "Advertising on Usenet: How To Do It, How Not To Do It" at
    <http://www.furrs.org/FAQs/advo.htm>.) Thank you for your consideration.

    For example,
    Instead of You might use
    ---------------------------- -----------------------------
    comp.dcom.modems misc.forsale.computers.modems
    comp.publish.cdrom.hardware misc.forsale.computers.storage
    comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage misc.forsale.computers.storage
    rec.photo.digital rec.photo.marketplace.digital
    rec.video.desktop rec.video.marketplace
    ba.internet ba.market.computers
    misc.forsale.computers.net-hardware

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/>
    John Navas, Jul 14, 2003

  2. John Navas

    WebKatz Guest

    "John Navas" <> wrote in message
    > [POSTED TO rec.photo.digital - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    > In <> on 14 Jul 2003

    09:33:25
    > -0700, (Your Name) wrote:
    >
    > >[SNIP]

    > Please do not post eBay or other auction ads here. This is not a forsale
    > newsgroup, much less a newsgroup for auction ads.

    That's not what the charter says:

    The official charter for this and other rec.photo.* groups can be
    found at ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/control/rec.

    -----
    CHARTER: rec.photo.digital

    rec.photo.digital - Digital cameras, scanners, printers, software,
    PhotoCD

    This group is for the discussion of all aspects of digital
    photography, including digital cameras, scanners, image manipulation
    software, printers, and CD-ROM technology.

    All postings made to this group should conform to existing Usenet
    guidelines (see news.announce.newusers for guideline documents). This
    group explicitly prohibits the posting of commercial advertisments or
    other promotional material, whether or not it is an any way related to
    photography. Binary postings (i.e. non text postings) are
    prohibited.

    END CHARTER.
    -----

    If this is a private hobbyist post, the charter is silent on that issue.
    WebKatz, Jul 15, 2003

  3. John Navas

    John Navas Guest

    In <> on Mon, 14 Jul 2003 19:28:36 -0500,
    "WebKatz" <> wrote:

    >"John Navas" <> wrote in message
    >> [POSTED TO rec.photo.digital - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >>
    >> In <> on 14 Jul 2003

    >09:33:25
    >> -0700, (Your Name) wrote:
    >>
    >> >[SNIP]

    >> Please do not post eBay or other auction ads here. This is not a forsale
    >> newsgroup, much less a newsgroup for auction ads.

    >That's not what the charter says:

    Wrong. See citation below.

    John Navas, Jul 15, 2003
  4. John Navas

    Steve Young Guest

    > >>"John Navas" <> wrote
    > >> Please do not post eBay or other auction ads here. This is not a
    > >> forsale newsgroup, much less a newsgroup for auction ads.

    > > "WebKatz" <> wrote:
    > >That's not what the charter says:

    > "John Navas" <> wrote
    > Wrong. See citation below.

    you're *nuts* John, how many times have we been through this?
    This is not the charter!, it's simply one man's unratified opinion, which
    happened to land as our group FAQ

    Steve Young, Jul 15, 2003
  5. John Navas

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    All ebay listings are commercial - and for sale ads are limited to the
    "marketplace" groups. Otherwise we would be buried in ebay crap - just like
    the marketplace groups.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Jul 15, 2003
  6. John Navas

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    As a matter of fact ebay states in it's own agreement that no ebay ads are
    to be put on discussion groups. So quietly sod off.

    Tony Spadaro, Jul 15, 2003
  7. John Navas

    John Navas Guest

    In <v8JQa.54921$> on Tue, 15 Jul
    2003 01:53:31 GMT, "Steve Young" <> wrote:

    >> > "WebKatz" <> wrote:
    >> >That's not what the charter says:

    >> "John Navas" <> wrote
    >> Wrong. See citation below.

    >you're *nuts* John, how many times have we been through this?
    >This is not the charter!, it's simply one man's unratified opinion, which
    >happened to land as our group FAQ

    Wrong again.

    John Navas, Jul 15, 2003
  8. John Navas

    John Navas Guest

    In <> on Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:28:33 -0500,
    "WebKatz" <> wrote:

    >"John Navas" <> wrote in message

    >> [PLEASE NOTE: Ads belong only in rec.photo.marketplace.digital,
    >> not rec.photo discussion groups, as per <http://rpdfaq.50megs.com/>]

    >That's NOT the charter. Sorry, try again.

    Actually it is, no matter how many times you and Steve claim otherwise.

    John Navas, Jul 15, 2003
  9. John Navas

    WebKatz Guest

    "John Navas" <> wrote in message
    > [POSTED TO rec.photo.digital - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    > In <> on Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:28:33 -0500,
    > "WebKatz" <> wrote:
    >
    > >"John Navas" <> wrote in message

    > >> [PLEASE NOTE: Ads belong only in rec.photo.marketplace.digital,
    > >> not rec.photo discussion groups, as per <http://rpdfaq.50megs.com/>]

    > >That's NOT the charter. Sorry, try again.

    > Actually it is, no matter how many times you and Steve claim otherwise.

    Really? When did your little home-grown creation get voted on?
    WebKatz, Jul 15, 2003
  10. John Navas

    Webkatz Guest

    "Tony Spadaro" <> wrote in message news:<pWLQa.222096$>...
    > As a matter of fact ebay states in it's own agreement that no ebay ads are
    > to be put on discussion groups.

    Wrong. eBay's (eBay UK in this particular case) policy is available
    here: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/new/usenet-policy.html and states
    in part,

    "eBay users may not post on Usenet groups (Internet newsgroups) to
    advertise eBay or an eBay listing that is inappropriate or violates
    the Usenet board policy. If Usenet abuse is reported to eBay, we may
    among other remedies remove the listing, issue a warning, or suspend
    the user's eBay account.

    Please note that eBay can only take action in cases where it's clear
    it was an eBay member who posted to the Usenet group inappropriately.

    Usenet abuse should also be reported to your ISP (Internet Service
    Provider) and the email provider of the person who posted."

    Our charter has nothing to say on private ads or eBay postings. And it
    looks like eBay agrees, because jonah444 sold his 256MB SanDisk off
    for £62.00 without any action on eBay's part or any mark on his
    51-star rating.

    Ain't it a bitch when your source of authority disagrees with you?

    >So quietly sod off.

    You first, Tony.

    Take care,

    Dave

    P.S. Nice cross-posting there.
    Webkatz, Jul 15, 2003
  11. John Navas

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Ahh - the ever commercial Mr. Young has materialized under another name.
    It figures. I wonder just how many of the damn for sale ads we've had to
    field of late have been from him.
    Spammers will always spam, but this cheap little number has the temerity
    to get angry when he's called on it. What a flaming ass.

    Tony Spadaro, Jul 15, 2003
  12. John Navas

    Steve Young Guest

    I didn't say a word here about Ebay. I made no personal comment, as
    quite some time ago, I said I wouldn't interfere with Ebay responder
    posts. What I responded to was John's false statement, of what our
    charter is. It is NOT our FAQ.
    ____________________________________

    Steve Young, Jul 15, 2003
  13. John Navas

    John Navas Guest

    In <Zq%Qa.56161$> on Tue, 15 Jul
    2003 22:42:01 GMT, "Steve Young" <> wrote:

    >I didn't say a word here about Ebay. I made no personal comment, as
    >quite some time ago, I said I wouldn't interfere with Ebay responder
    >posts. What I responded to was John's false statement, of what our
    >charter is. It is NOT our FAQ.

    It's our Charter. See below.

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas
    John Navas, Jul 15, 2003
  14. John Navas

    WebKatz Guest

    "John Navas" <> wrote in message
    > [POSTED TO rec.photo.digital - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >

    > >Really? When did your little home-grown creation get voted on?

    > Back when the marketplace reorganizations occurred.

    No it didn't. See below.

    --
    Dave

    WebKatz, Jul 16, 2003
  15. John Navas

    WebKatz Guest

    "John Navas" <> wrote in message
    > [POSTED TO rec.photo.digital - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    > In <> on 15 Jul 2003

    06:46:42
    > -0700, (Webkatz) wrote:
    >
    > >Our charter has nothing to say on private ads or eBay postings. ...

    > Not true. See below.

    Not true. See below.

    --
    Dave

    WebKatz, Jul 16, 2003
  16. John Navas

    WebKatz Guest

    "John Navas" <> wrote in message
    > [POSTED TO rec.photo.digital - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    > In <> on 15 Jul 2003

    06:46:42
    > -0700, (Webkatz) wrote:
    >
    > >Our charter has nothing to say on private ads or eBay postings. ...

    > Not true. See below.

    Not true. See below.

    WebKatz, Jul 16, 2003
  17. John Navas

    John Navas Guest

    In <> on Tue, 15 Jul 2003 20:14:50 -0500,
    "WebKatz" <> wrote:

    >"John Navas" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> >Really? When did your little home-grown creation get voted on?

    >> Back when the marketplace reorganizations occurred.

    >No it didn't.

    Yes it did. See below.

    John Navas, Jul 16, 2003
  18. John Navas

    John Navas Guest

    In <> on Tue, 15 Jul 2003 20:37:29 -0500,
    "WebKatz" <> wrote:

    >"John Navas" <> wrote in message

    >> Back when the marketplace reorganizations occurred. But then you know that --
    >> you're just being annoying. ;-)

    >No, just curious. Can you show me the documentation? How many votes did it
    >pass by? How come I can't find bob's little creation among the records of
    >all the other votes?

    Because you're just being an a__h___?

    John Navas, Jul 16, 2003
  19. John Navas

    John Navas Guest

    In <> on Tue, 15 Jul 2003 20:15:19 -0500,
    "WebKatz" <> wrote:

    >"John Navas" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> In <> on 15 Jul 2003

    >06:46:42
    >> -0700, (Webkatz) wrote:
    >>
    >> >Our charter has nothing to say on private ads or eBay postings. ...

    >> Not true. See below.

    >Not true. See below.

    Not true. See below.

    John Navas, Jul 16, 2003
  20. John Navas

    John Navas Guest

    In <> on Tue, 15 Jul 2003 20:38:49 -0500,
    "WebKatz" <> wrote:

    >"John Navas" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> In <> on 15 Jul 2003

    >06:46:42
    >> -0700, (Webkatz) wrote:
    >>
    >> >Our charter has nothing to say on private ads or eBay postings. ...

    >> Not true. See below.

    >Not true. See below.
    >
    >The official charter for this and other rec.photo.* groups can be
    >found at ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/control/rec.

    Actually at the links below.

    John Navas, Jul 16, 2003