Re: F*ng Driver!

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Patrick Michael, Mar 10, 2005.

  1. "smackedass" <> wrote in message
    news:TLOXd.29$...

    > Does anyone know of a reliable, user friendly site where I can download
    > these drivers? Am willing to pay, if necessary.

    This probably doesn't help much, but in situations like these, I usually
    just wind up taking the cards out of the box and looking for any and all
    identifying marks (model numbers, company name, printing on a ROM chip,
    etc.). Then I just google for any of that info....sometimes it works,
    sometimes it doesn't.
    Patrick Michael, Mar 10, 2005

  2. Patrick Michael

    Guest

    , Mar 10, 2005

  3. <> wrote in message
    > take the cards out of the case, bahh, what a waste of time :)
    >
    > PCITree = http://www.pcitree.de/
    > Everest = http://www.lavalys.com/news.php?article=21&selcat=PN&lang=en

    Those are excellent programs, but they don't always tell the whole story if
    the piece of hardware is *very* obscure. I once did a re-install on a
    system that had some really weird video capture card that I could not find a
    driver for anywhere, and Everest/Aida32 didn't identify it very specifically
    other than saying what brand it was...well, unfortunately that "brand" was a
    company who went out of business. EVentualy, I took it out of the case and
    googled what it said on the ROM chip.

    It turns out some video-capture gurus hacked up a driver for it, which I
    installed and it worked.
    Patrick Michael, Mar 11, 2005