Re: Eye Test

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Kevin McMurtrie, Jun 28, 2013.

  1. In article <>,
    Dudley Hanks <> wrote:

    > Trying to get sparkly eyes from a dog like Mich is proving more
    > difficult than I'd thought it should be.
    >
    > If I use a fill flash, the eyes go demonish or blotchy. If I
    > just use natural light, they tend to appear rather
    > dull.
    >
    > Today, I tried using a reflector, but from what I've been told,
    > they still don't look that great.
    >
    > Any comments on how to get nice, flashy eyes in a canine
    > portrait?
    >
    > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/pics/EyeTest.jpg
    >
    > Take Care,
    > Dudley

    1) A polarizer is used to control reflections. Depending on how it's
    turned, it can cut them or make them relatively twice as bright.

    2) Put the dog in a small area of shade near lots of sunlight. The dog
    will get darker but the eyes will still reflect bright objects from
    nearby sunlight.
    Kevin McMurtrie, Jun 28, 2013