Re: External drive - Fat32 or NTFS or '?'

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by GTS, Aug 1, 2008.

  1. GTS

    GTS Guest

    Unless you have a concern about compatibility with other OS's, it would be
    best to reformat it in NTFS. It is more efficient and reliable and, as you
    notes, the 4GB file size can be a problem.

    GTS, Aug 1, 2008

  2. Hello

    NTFS is readable and writable with Linux I use an external drive that is
    formatted as NTFS and have no problems using the drive in Linux.

    Mike

    Michael John Ruff, Sep 13, 2008