Re: Exclusive: Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Alessandro Crugnola, Jan 7, 2005.

  1. On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 12:07:58 -0500, David H. Lipman wrote:

    > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/default.mspx
    > Minimum system requirements for Windows AntiSpyware (Beta):
    > - Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
    > - A 300 MHz or faster processor with at least 64 MB of RAM
    > - Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Server 2003
    > - At least 10 MB of available free space on your hard disk
    > - Internet access with at least a 28.8 Kbps connection to use SpyNet

    I have all that but this microsoft beta antispyware program won't install.
    It keeps saying "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed."

    I never heard of the windows installer service.
    What is the windows installer service and why isn't it running?

    Did my attempt at installing the microsoft antispyware disable it somehow?
    Alessandro Crugnola, Jan 7, 2005

  2. Alessandro Crugnola <> wrote in

    > I have all that but this microsoft beta antispyware program won't
    > install. It keeps saying "The Windows Installer Service could not be
    > accessed."
    >
    > I never heard of the windows installer service.
    > What is the windows installer service and why isn't it running?
    >
    > Did my attempt at installing the microsoft antispyware disable it
    > somehow?

    Check the Event Log and find out! Then start the service if you can.

    --
    sA
    southpawArcher, Jan 8, 2005