Re: Exams Required for MCSE

Discussion in 'MCITP' started by Michael D. Alligood, Mar 15, 2007.

  1. > There are no "regulars" here whose job it is to help you.
    > Not one person here has any responsibility or
    > obligation to solve your problem for you.

    You are correct. However, this is a Microsoft public newsgroup for MCSEs
    and MCSE related questions. Microsoft created it to allow individuals to
    share information and help others; not belittle them, cuss at them, or
    anything else negative the MCNGP does. Your group has set up camp in
    these newsgroups and actually dedicate time in insulting people. Don't
    you have a forum back in your MCNGP clubhouse? Why can you not use that?
    If the "stupid" questions bother you by individuals, then simply do not
    respond. Why waste the bandwidth? Why waste your time? Why do you feel
    the need to crush 9/10ths of the individuals that post here. Think of
    all the other things you could be doing with your personal and
    professional time, if you just kept your insults, belittlements, and non
    helpful advice to yourselves?

    > You
    > know when you see a homeless guy on the street asking for some change?
    > Sometimes you give him a buck, sometimes you say "Sorry, not today". That's
    > how usenet works, dude.

    I am sorry, that is NOT what this usenet was designed for. I am sure the
    post here and in other newsgroups will unite and totally go off on me
    for showing the slightest bit of compassion for trying to give something
    back to my community; the I.T. community. So, whatever. I may not be
    able to give that homeless man you speak of money every time I see him,
    but I do not spit in his face for asking either...

    The MCNGP motto, "Building a better world of all of I.T." Exactly how
    are you guys doing that? By "demonstrating posting skills both defensive
    and offensively?" By "using and misuse, when appropriate, of the English
    language?" By "using newsgroup flaming techniques?" By "belittling those
    whose skill set is far beneath their own, in a tactful and professional
    manner?" Please explain how this is building a better world for all of
    I.T.?

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 15, 2007

  2. Michael D. Alligood

    catwalker63 Guest

    Michael D. Alligood piffled away vaguely:

    <self-righteous drivel snipped>

    You don't like our methods, no problem. We don't really care. We're on
    a mission to stamp out cheating and we will not be nice about it.
    We're also pretty dedicated to ridiculing and destroying stupidity and
    ignorance, the kind that could be eliminated by putting on your thinking
    cap and doing a little work. The the IT industry will not improve if
    we continue to mollycoddle morans and don't teach them how to find out
    answers to simple questions that have been asked and answered
    thousands of times.

    Most of us are also pretty funny too, if you're not a stuffed shirt and
    can appreciate humor.

    --

    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet
    catwalker63, Mar 16, 2007

  3. Michael D. Alligood

    CBIC Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    >>> There are no "regulars" here whose job it is to help you.
    >>> Not one person here has any responsibility or
    >>> obligation to solve your problem for you.

    >> You are correct. However, this is a Microsoft public newsgroup for MCSEs
    >> and MCSE related questions. Microsoft created it to allow individuals to
    >> share information and help others; not belittle them, cuss at them, or
    >> anything else negative the MCNGP does. Your group has set up camp in
    >> these newsgroups and actually dedicate time in insulting people. Don't
    >> you have a forum back in your MCNGP clubhouse? Why can you not use that?
    >> If the "stupid" questions bother you by individuals, then simply do not
    >> respond. Why waste the bandwidth? Why waste your time? Why do you feel
    >> the need to crush 9/10ths of the individuals that post here. Think of all
    >> the other things you could be doing with your personal and professional
    >> time, if you just kept your insults, belittlements, and non helpful
    >> advice to yourselves?
    >>
    >>> You
    >>> know when you see a homeless guy on the street asking for some change?
    >>> Sometimes you give him a buck, sometimes you say "Sorry, not today".
    >>> That's
    >>> how usenet works, dude.

    >> I am sorry, that is NOT what this usenet was designed for. I am sure the
    >> post here and in other newsgroups will unite and totally go off on me for
    >> showing the slightest bit of compassion for trying to give something back
    >> to my community; the I.T. community. So, whatever. I may not be able to
    >> give that homeless man you speak of money every time I see him, but I do
    >> not spit in his face for asking either...
    >>
    >> The MCNGP motto, "Building a better world of all of I.T." Exactly how are
    >> you guys doing that? By "demonstrating posting skills both defensive and
    >> offensively?" By "using and misuse, when appropriate, of the English
    >> language?" By "using newsgroup flaming techniques?" By "belittling those
    >> whose skill set is far beneath their own, in a tactful and professional
    >> manner?" Please explain how this is building a better world for all of
    >> I.T.?

    > Dude, you take yourself way too seriously.
    >
    >> --
    >> Michael D. Alligood
    >> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    > Chortle

    secondeded

    Doom
    A+ Hardware, A+ Operating System
    CBIC, Mar 16, 2007
  4. Michael D. Alligood

    Jtyc Guest

    I agree.
    Jtyc, Mar 16, 2007
  5. Michael D. Alligood

    Jtyc Guest

    > You just made my day.

    I'm here to help.
    Jtyc, Mar 16, 2007
  6. Michael D. Alligood

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >MCSA, MCDST, MCP

    hee,hee,hee

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 16, 2007
  7. Michael D. Alligood

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >The MCNGP motto, "Building a better world of all of I.T." Exactly how
    >are you guys doing that? By "demonstrating posting skills both defensive
    >and offensively?" By "using and misuse, when appropriate, of the English
    >language?"

    yes *and* Lets not forget the use of my phrase which I coin almost six
    years ago.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 16, 2007
  8. Michael D. Alligood

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Dude, you take yourself way too seriously.

    exactly people need to lighten up and enjoy life.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 16, 2007
  9. Michael D. Alligood

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >You became such a legend, you had to change your poasting handle.

    big mistake ;-)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 16, 2007
  10. Michael D. Alligood

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "CBIC" <> say in

    > Doom
    > A+ Hardware, A+ Operating System

    TMML

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - In case of emergency, break glass. Scream. Bleed to death.
    Neil, Mar 17, 2007
  11. Michael:
    You are right that many in the MCNGP / CertGuard group are very childish,
    rude beyond belief, and in most cases [90% of the time] not very helpful.
    Their insulting of people for no reason who are trying to help people is
    truly beyond my comprehension, especially since these are people who are
    supposedly knowledgeable enough on computers to know that UseNet exists (Not
    everyone does) and hence have some intelligence.

    So why did you join them?

    I think their group's goals of stamping out proxy-testers and braindumps is
    very laudable, but their actions are just like the outgoing Clinton officials
    glueing of the "W" keys on government computers - it doesn't show any
    intelligence, it just shows how childish they are and destroys what
    credibility they did have. This is a PUBLIC forum - their actions may be fine
    in their fraternity houses on their college campuses, but not in the real
    world.
    Their response to you in not acknowledging that this is a problem (but just
    criticizing you further) is another sign that they are ignorant and do not
    understand or care. Until they change, I will not be joining that group,
    which is a shame, since I too agree with cleaning up the certification mess.

    Even the criticism of you putting your "MCP" in your signature is a sign
    that some in the group's leadership deep down don't care about increasing the
    values of all certifications. They just want to justify their psychological
    need of putting people down and somehow believe that this is a good method of
    doing so.

    I would like to know why you gave them credibility for their actions by
    joining their group.

    LarryWestMCSD, Mar 28, 2007
  12. Michael D. Alligood

    catwalker63 Guest

    LarryWestMCSD piffled away vaguely:

    <snip>

    Oh goody! Another stuffed shirt.!

    --

    Catwalker
    catwalker63, Mar 28, 2007
  13. Larry, the rant you responded to of mine was unprofessional. So for that
    I apologize to you and others. To address your question as to why I
    joined them; in short, I did not. I do support their ideas, but at times
    not the practice. To be honest, 99% of the time they are just having
    fun. At the expense of others yes, but fun nonetheless.

    I have posted an article on the CertGuard forum that deals with this
    very thing. Please take the time to read it and let me know what you
    think. It can be found at
    http://www.certguard.com/forums/topic.asp?TID=590.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 28, 2007
  14. Michael D. Alligood

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >To be honest, 99% of the time they are just having
    >fun. At the expense of others yes, but fun nonetheless.

    indeed. people need to lighten up a bit.

    the people i personally insult or 'poke fun' at, are either cheats,
    thieves or people just to damn to get of their a$$. all of which have
    no business in our industry.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 28, 2007
  15. Michael D. Alligood

    Kline Sphere Guest

    <snip>
    rant
    </snip>

    Larry you're going to dig yourself into a hole here.

    For starters the MCNGP and CertGuard have no affiliation with each
    other. I understand there are individuals who belong to both. So, when
    having a rant, please put a distinction between both. One other point,
    Michael, however, is certainly not a member of the MCNGP, he does
    however, seem to have a sense of humor.

    If your anger is a result of Lasher's reply to one of your posts, I
    suggest you read his reply to my reply ( Message-ID:
    Xns98FF2F36AC3AFLasher36526@207.46.248.16 )

    you seem like a smart dude, the sort of person we want to see in IT,
    so before you start a war, you should take a look at the whole picture
    regarding the MCNGP.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 28, 2007
  16. Michael D. Alligood

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >> Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCTS:SQL Server 2005, MOUS, FLMI, ACS
    >
    >What?! NO MCP???????

    lol
    must be an oversight ;-)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 28, 2007
  17. Michael D. Alligood

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I graduated Mrs. Giger's Kindergarten Class

    now, now, no one likes a show off!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 28, 2007
  18. Michael D. Alligood

    Consultant Guest

    i agree!

    Consultant, Mar 28, 2007
  19. Michael D. Alligood

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >i agree!

    lets be honest here, you have no idea what you're talking about ;-)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 28, 2007
  20. Michael D. Alligood

    Consultant Guest