    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - In case of emergency, break glass. Scream. Bleed to death.

    Neil, Mar 17, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=, Mar 17, 2007

    Aries0999 and others like me.

    This is easy: The least amount of 'tests' are 7 (seven), the least amount of
    'courses' are 9'+'. if x=mcse then how many y=1 you need to become x.

    jaja, look a this, if you want to become mcse, me too, seven tests, however
    you can skipt translate Network plus from comptia into a test to fullfil some
    requirements, or A plus. about security plus is now not that that shifting
    towards the certifications, yet it is the biggest plus of all three.

    out of all the best part is to be a better proffessional, which mean more
    courses or workshops, that is what will really open the world to us in a
    workplace situation.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZG9jdGh5?=, Mar 18, 2007
  4. Michael D. Alligood

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Aries0999 and others like me.
    >
    >This is easy: The least amount of 'tests' are 7 (seven), the least amount of
    >'courses' are 9'+'. if x=mcse then how many y=1 you need to become x.
    >
    >jaja, look a this, if you want to become mcse, me too, seven tests, however
    >you can skipt translate Network plus from comptia into a test to fullfil some
    >requirements, or A plus. about security plus is now not that that shifting
    >towards the certifications, yet it is the biggest plus of all three.
    >
    >out of all the best part is to be a better proffessional, which mean more
    >courses or workshops, that is what will really open the world to us in a
    >workplace situation.

    see Aries0999, even a retard like this can work out what exams you
    need.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Mar 19, 2007
  5. Michael:
    You are right that many in the MCNGP / CertGuard group are very childish,
    rude beyond belief, and in most cases [90% of the time] not very helpful.
    Their insulting of people for no reason who are trying to help people is
    truly beyond my comprehension, especially since these are people who are
    supposedly knowledgeable enough on computers to know that UseNet exists (Not
    everyone does) and hence have some intelligence.

    So why did you join them?

    I think their group's goals of stamping out proxy-testers and braindumps is
    very laudable, but their actions are just like the outgoing Clinton officials
    glueing of the "W" keys on government computers - it doesn't show any
    intelligence, it just shows how childish they are and destroys what
    credibility they did have. This is a PUBLIC forum - their actions may be fine
    in their fraternity houses on their college campuses, but not in the real
    world.
    Their response to you in not acknowledging that this is a problem (but just
    criticizing you further) is another sign that they are ignorant and do not
    understand or care. Until they change, I will not be joining that group,
    which is a shame, since I too agree with cleaning up the certification mess.

    Even the criticism of you putting your "MCP" in your signature is a sign
    that some in the group's leadership deep down don't care about increasing the
    values of all certifications. They just want to justify their psychological
    need of putting people down and somehow believe that this is a good method of
    doing so.

    I would like to know why you gave them credibility for their actions by
    joining their group.

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnlXZXN0TUNTRA==?=, Mar 28, 2007
  6. Michael D. Alligood

    catwalker63 Guest

    LarryWestMCSD piffled away vaguely:

    <snip>

    Oh goody! Another stuffed shirt.!

    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Mar 28, 2007
  7. Larry, the rant you responded to of mine was unprofessional. So for that
    I apologize to you and others. To address your question as to why I
    joined them; in short, I did not. I do support their ideas, but at times
    not the practice. To be honest, 99% of the time they are just having
    fun. At the expense of others yes, but fun nonetheless.

    I have posted an article on the CertGuard forum that deals with this
    very thing. Please take the time to read it and let me know what you
    think. It can be found at
    http://www.certguard.com/forums/topic.asp?TID=590.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 28, 2007
  8. Michael D. Alligood

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >To be honest, 99% of the time they are just having
    >fun. At the expense of others yes, but fun nonetheless.

    indeed. people need to lighten up a bit.

    the people i personally insult or 'poke fun' at, are either cheats,
    thieves or people just to damn to get of their a$$. all of which have
    no business in our industry.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Mar 28, 2007
  9. Michael D. Alligood

    Kline Sphere Guest

    <snip>
    rant
    </snip>

    Larry you're going to dig yourself into a hole here.

    For starters the MCNGP and CertGuard have no affiliation with each
    other. I understand there are individuals who belong to both. So, when
    having a rant, please put a distinction between both. One other point,
    Michael, however, is certainly not a member of the MCNGP, he does
    however, seem to have a sense of humor.

    If your anger is a result of Lasher's reply to one of your posts, I
    suggest you read his reply to my reply ( Message-ID:
    Xns98FF2F36AC3AFLasher36526@207.46.248.16 )

    you seem like a smart dude, the sort of person we want to see in IT,
    so before you start a war, you should take a look at the whole picture
    regarding the MCNGP.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Mar 28, 2007
  10. Michael D. Alligood

    Frisbee® Guest

    > Michael:
    > You are right that many in the MCNGP / CertGuard group are very childish,
    > rude beyond belief, and in most cases [90% of the time] not very helpful.

    83% of all statistics are made up on the spot. But you already knew that,
    right?

    > Their insulting of people for no reason who are trying to help people is
    > truly beyond my comprehension, especially since these are people who are
    > supposedly knowledgeable enough on computers to know that UseNet exists
    > (Not
    > everyone does) and hence have some intelligence.

    Did you know that only 20% of internet users even know that USENET exists?
    If you find your way here, you're already ahead of the game. Unfortunately,
    probably 80% of new users post here from various web sites, and think
    they're posting to a web site board.

    > So why did you join them?

    As others have already replied, he didn't. Nobody "joins" the MCNGP.

    > I think their group's goals of stamping out proxy-testers and braindumps
    > is
    > very laudable, but their actions are just like the outgoing Clinton
    > officials
    > glueing of the "W" keys on government computers - it doesn't show any
    > intelligence, it just shows how childish they are and destroys what
    > credibility they did have.

    Let's not bring politics into this, shall we? You won't like us when
    politics are brought into discussions. Now this thread will almost
    certainly mega-drift. Thanks.

    > This is a PUBLIC forum - their actions may be fine
    > in their fraternity houses on their college campuses, but not in the real
    > world.

    Dude, you really need to lighten up. But I'll bet I'm not the first person
    to suggest that to you.

    > Their response to you in not acknowledging that this is a problem (but
    > just
    > criticizing you further) is another sign that they are ignorant and do not
    > understand or care. Until they change, I will not be joining that group,
    > which is a shame, since I too agree with cleaning up the certification
    > mess.

    Huh? No comprende.

    > Even the criticism of you putting your "MCP" in your signature is a sign
    > that some in the group's leadership deep down don't care about increasing
    > the
    > values of all certifications. They just want to justify their
    > psychological
    > need of putting people down and somehow believe that this is a good method
    > of
    > doing so.

    Oh, geeze, it's a running gag. Lighten up. Even Michael isn't bothered by
    it. Do you honestly not see the redundancy in putting both MCP and any
    other cert, like MCSE, MCSA, etc. etc. along with it in the same sig line?
    It's like including "I graduated Mrs. Giger's Kindergarten Class" along with
    mention of your high school diploma. Furrfu. I seriously doubt Michael has
    a problem with us ribbing him over that.

    > I would like to know why you gave them credibility for their actions by
    > joining their group.

    Michael has a brain, and apparently at least a developing sense of humor.
    If Michael can lighten up, there's hope for you, too.

    > --
    > Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCTS:SQL Server 2005, MOUS, FLMI, ACS

    What?! NO MCP???????

    Frisbee®, Mar 28, 2007
  11. Michael D. Alligood

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >> Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCTS:SQL Server 2005, MOUS, FLMI, ACS
    >
    >What?! NO MCP???????

    lol
    must be an oversight ;-)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Mar 28, 2007
  12. Michael D. Alligood

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I graduated Mrs. Giger's Kindergarten Class

    now, now, no one likes a show off!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Mar 28, 2007
  13. "catwalker63" wrote:

    > LarryWestMCSD piffled away vaguely:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > Oh goody! Another stuffed shirt.!

    I'm a part-tme college teacher - I'm supposed to be a stuffed shirt!
    I think it's in the contract somewhere. :)
    (I do think that some here go beyond what is appropriate, however, and I
    apologize if I have.)

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnlXZXN0TUNTRA==?=, Mar 28, 2007
  14. Michael D. Alligood

    Frisbee® Guest

    > "catwalker63" wrote:
    >
    >> LarryWestMCSD piffled away vaguely:
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> Oh goody! Another stuffed shirt.!

    > I'm a part-tme college teacher - I'm supposed to be a stuffed shirt!
    > I think it's in the contract somewhere. :)
    > (I do think that some here go beyond what is appropriate, however, and I
    > apologize if I have.)

    Yes, some do. We don't have a rabies check before we induct members, so
    sometimes they slip through the cracks. Or perhaps they get rabies after
    they're inducted. However, the MCNGP as a whole often gets judged by the
    actions of a select few. We're about as diverse a group as you can find.
    We have a few things in common, that's all.

    Frisbee®, Mar 28, 2007
  15. > I'm a part-tme college teacher - I'm supposed to be a stuffed shirt!

    LOL. Sorry I could not pass that up; it was just too funny! :)

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 28, 2007
  16. Michael D. Alligood

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >However, the MCNGP as a whole often gets judged by the
    >actions of a select few

    i blame Neil.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Mar 28, 2007
  17. Michael D. Alligood

    Consultant Guest

    i agree!

    Consultant, Mar 28, 2007
  18. Michael D. Alligood

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
    > >However, the MCNGP as a whole often gets judged by the
    >>actions of a select few

    > i blame Neil.

    Well, I wasn't going to NAME NAMES!

    Sheesh, now we're both off his Christmas list.

    Frisbee®, Mar 28, 2007
  19. Michael D. Alligood

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >i agree!

    lets be honest here, you have no idea what you're talking about ;-)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Mar 28, 2007
  20. Michael:
    I agree with most of what you wrote, and I apologize for confusing the MCGNP
    with the CertGuard. Frisbee(r) is right that I have been lumping a few bad
    apples with the entire group. Again, I apologize.

    I do think that when someone creates a thread "Dog Pile on the Posters" that
    it should raise at least a yellow flag that some things may be overboard and
    needs to be toned down, even if they are doing it only in "fun." There needs
    to be a happy medium somewhere. Sometimes "fun" is inappropriate - for
    example, a friend of mine's doctor once said "oops" in the middle of his
    vasectomy.

    In regards to posters who do not know better - perhaps if Microsoft would
    put their FAQ in a more prominent place, there would be less need for people
    to post here.
    Some of the blame for this must fall on Microsoft's web page designers.
    I wonder if they are certified? :)

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnlXZXN0TUNTRA==?=, Mar 28, 2007