Re: exam 70-292 horror

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by shawnfain@msn.com, Jan 6, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I'm looking at my transcript right now and I've passed
    Networking Essentials
    and CompTIA Security Plus
    The lowest score I've made on any of those was a 760 on one and all the
    others I was above 800.

    I PASSED 296 the first time along with 12 other guys in a boot camp. Of
    the same 12 guys 11 failed 292 including me. I made a 450 the first
    time, after making over 800 on almost every other test I took first
    time.

    I came back the next day (yes you can retake it the next day the first
    time) and took it again, after another long night of cramming. 6 other
    guys took it with me. We all failed. I made a 500.

    So I took 2 weeks and studied harder. I read Test King's Study Guide,
    Microsoft Press' Study Book. I studied the 495 questions for 292 from
    Testking, and I did their online test 4 times, passing every time and
    making 840 3 out of four times.

    I took it again today and failed it with a 500.

    I've been a network admin for 10 years, and I have a Bachelor's Degree,
    and made 1290 on the GRE and made lots of A's in some graduate courses,
    so you tell me.

    , Jan 6, 2005

  2. I don't know how much hands on you have had with Windows 2003, but if you
    don't have much you may want to set up a small test network and practice on
    it setting up domains, child domains, forests, creating forest trusts, dns,
    Group Policy, Terminal Services, etc. I passed both exams no problem and
    never did any practice tests of any sort. Hands is by far the fastest and
    best way to learn. Many of my exam questions had more than one answer that
    could solve the problem but only one that met the criteria with subtle
    differences for the correct answer. I would also suggest studying the
    Windows 2003 Server Deployment kit - at least the appropriate chapters such
    as dns, Group Policy, managed software installations, authentication, etc.
    It is free and you can download it by individual chapters. --- Steve

    Steven L Umbach, Jan 6, 2005

  3. Ken Briscoe Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > boot camp.
    >
    > Test King's Study Guide

    And you wonder why you can't pass?

    Ken Briscoe, Jan 7, 2005
  4. that's what you get for trusting a brain dump, from what I hear Microsoft is
    doing better at changing the exams. Seems to be the case with fewer people
    passing them. Most people I know that braindumped a 2003 exam failed in the
    last few months.

    Robert Waters
    MCSA, MCSE, Security +

    Yahoo Newsgroups, Jan 7, 2005
  5. Rowdy Yates Guest

    wrote in news:1105053875.840341.299960
    @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > I've been a network admin for 10 years, and I have a Bachelor's Degree,
    > and made 1290 on the GRE and made lots of A's in some graduate courses,
    > so you tell me.

    and on top you that you used braindumps and crammed and you still failed.
    you are one big stupid mudder fuggin' biotch!! come here - lemme biotch
    slap you..

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/

    Rowdy Yates, Jan 7, 2005
  6. C

    =?Utf-8?B?Y29sbGlucw==?=, Jan 7, 2005
  7. collins wrote:
    > Collins is
    > Obsessed with
    > Cutie-pie
    > Ken!

    IFYPFY

    =?Utf-8?Q?Frisbee=C2=AE?=, Jan 7, 2005
  8. Ken Briscoe Guest

    In news:%23$8W%,
    Frisbee® <> rambled:

    > collins wrote:
    >> Collins is
    >> Obsessed with
    >> Cutie-pie
    >> Ken!

    > IFYPFY

    <blushes>

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    www.mcngp.com *is* the one who answered the phone.

    Ken Briscoe, Jan 7, 2005
  9. Ken Briscoe Guest

    In news:,
    collins <> rambled:

    <fixed stupid website-style top post, which collins cares nothing about, so
    everyone can see what collins is referring to>

    >> <> wrote in message
    >>> "Ken Briscoe" wrote:
    >>> boot camp.
    >>>
    >>> Test King's Study Guide

    >> And you wonder why you can't pass?

    Explain why I'm a cock. Because I pointed out that the man did two things:
    1) cheated
    2) when he wasn't cheating, he was taking the easy way out

    I bet, since you seem to disagree with my points, that you're the type of
    guy who can shove a pineapple up his @sshole. Amiright?

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    nerd32768 vowed to kill my family if I didn't add a link to
    www.mcngp.com to my signature.

    Ken Briscoe, Jan 7, 2005
  10. Neil Guest

    did you hear say in news:1105053875.840341.299960
    @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > so you tell me.

    ok, you don't know enough to pass the test yet. thanks for playing...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Visit www.mcngp.com to find out if there is usefull information to pass the

    Neil, Jan 7, 2005
  11. Andrew Guest

    Steve -

    Did you use Virtual Server? What did your lab setup look like? Can you
    share?

    Andrew, Jan 7, 2005
  12. You're not alone
    this exam is a bear now. (Far harder than 296!)

    It *is* passable with study but a boot camp isnt the way I'm afraid
    nor is tesking.

    The only way to get through this one reliably is to study the MSPress,
    download the free deployment guides from MS and make sure you really
    cover off all the areas of the exam from the microsoft exam syllabus.

    There are *no* short cuts and its set to get harder, with real
    simulations in the second quarter of this year on some exams...

    moral of the story, play hard and study harder!

    On 6 Jan 2005 15:24:35 -0800, wrote:

    >I'm looking at my transcript right now and I've passed
    >Networking Essentials
    >210
    >215
    >214
    >220
    >217
    >218
    >216
    >229
    >228
    >296
    >and CompTIA Security Plus
    >The lowest score I've made on any of those was a 760 on one and all the
    >others I was above 800.
    >
    >I PASSED 296 the first time along with 12 other guys in a boot camp. Of
    >the same 12 guys 11 failed 292 including me. I made a 450 the first
    >time, after making over 800 on almost every other test I took first
    >time.
    >
    >I came back the next day (yes you can retake it the next day the first
    >time) and took it again, after another long night of cramming. 6 other
    >guys took it with me. We all failed. I made a 500.
    >
    >So I took 2 weeks and studied harder. I read Test King's Study Guide,
    >Microsoft Press' Study Book. I studied the 495 questions for 292 from
    >Testking, and I did their online test 4 times, passing every time and
    >making 840 3 out of four times.
    >
    >I took it again today and failed it with a 500.
    >
    >I've been a network admin for 10 years, and I have a Bachelor's Degree,
    >and made 1290 on the GRE and made lots of A's in some graduate courses,
    >so you tell me.

    +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_
    Sergeant Hartwell Says:
    You will not say a word! You will not speak unless spoken to! Do you ladies understand me?
    (Sir! Yes! Sir!).
    From this point forward you will eat, think and dream Windows Server 2003! Do you maggots understand?
    (Sir! Yes! Sir!)
    We are in a war, Gentlemen! The future of the free world depends on you people becoming Microsoft certified! You each will become a MCSE! Every time you see a router that isnt RRAS you will kill it! What are you going to do ladies?
    (Kill! Kill! Kill!).
    +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

    Marlin Munroe (The PFY), Jan 9, 2005
  13. Beoweolf Guest

    You asked...Microsoft answered! There ahs been this overwhelming cry to make
    the exams harder, more relevant, "hands-On"; well our wish is being
    fulfilled! In the last few months, the exams have gotten more detailed,
    based more on actual scenarios instead of memorization and questions, at
    least to me, focus on an appropriate, value judgment as opposed to formulaic

    Guy's, we got lazy...now its time to buckle down, hit the books, twist the
    knobs and delve "deeply" into the product. I don't exactly welcome the newer
    tests, but I see the need...now if we can only get the employers to start
    paying salaries commensurate with the effort, knowledge it takes to achieve
    the certification. Minimum wage is just not cutting it if you want talent.

    Beoweolf, Jan 10, 2005
  14. beoweolf Guest

    Hello?...,
    Hello?...,
    Forest?...,
    Buller?..,
    Forest Buller?...,
    Hello?

    beoweolf, Jan 14, 2005
  15. catwalker63 Guest

    Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend
    heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw
    Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "I'm not bossy! I just know what nerdbunchanumbers should be doing!"

    catwalker63, Jan 14, 2005
  16. Stein Waalen Guest

    Hmmm

    This is a bit strange. I really wonder what you mean with "hands-on"
    and "relevant"
    What is relevant when it comes to (on top of my head)

    RRAS
    RIS
    NTBACKUP
    2003 SERVERS AS ROUTERS
    SOFTWARE RAID
    SUS (when WUS is released)
    WINS (as per MS you don`t need anymore!!!) ???

    What do we really need when it comes to installing and working with
    Windows Server 2003 in the "real world" ? Do we f.i. really need to
    know what RRAS can do for you, as long as no-one uses it anymore. All
    services mentioned above are obsolete (unless MS makes BIG improvments
    to them), our customers in the "real world" uses other and better
    products to permform the tasks that these services are ment to be
    doing in Windows 2003. That is why the average IT consultant uses
    "dumps" to pass the tests, because there is no need to know f.i. the
    services above because you will never use them in real life.

    So stop nagging about getting our noses down in the books, we all do
    read, but we read what we need, not all kinds of bull that MS wants us
    to belive.

    "Paper-MCSE`s" are NOT generated from the people reading "dumps",
    "paper-mcse`s" are the people who read all the MS documentation to
    pass a test, and then don`t have any clue how to f.i. setup a hardware
    RAID, or install BackupExec.

    The people that actually work with the product, knows what they need
    to know, the only reason to pass an MCSE test these days are
    unfortunately just to f.i. get a Gold Partner Membership, NOT to be a
    better IT worker. The tests as they are today does NOT prepare you for
    the jungle out there, that is for certain.
    So give med tests with DNS, DHCP, AD, ADSIEDIT, NTDSUTIL and SINGLE
    DOMAINS (who the hell uses multiple domains and forests anyway)...and
    make real case-scenarios, preferably actual scenarios, THEN you can
    start separate the good IT workers from the bad ones.

    Stein
    Norway
    MCP, MCSA, MCSE

    Stein Waalen, Feb 7, 2005
  17. Neil Guest

    did you hear (Stein Waalen) say in

    > "Paper-MCSE`s" are NOT generated from the people reading "dumps",
    > "paper-mcse`s" are the people who read all the MS documentation to
    > pass a test, and then don`t have any clue how to f.i. setup a hardware
    > RAID, or install BackupExec.

    hummmmmmmmmmm, no I think that the dumpers are Paper-MCSE's too. except
    that they should have the MCSE removed...then they could be "toilet
    paper" instead

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    - Never start a project until you've picked out someone to blame.

    Neil, Feb 7, 2005
  18. Neil Guest

    > to know f.i. the

    > how to f.i. setup

    f.i.? Freakin' Ijiot?

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    - Macintosh....an "Etch-a Sketch" You Don't Have to Shake.

    Neil, Feb 7, 2005
  19. kpg Guest

    f.i. = fer instance

    kpg, Feb 7, 2005
  20. Neil Guest

    did you hear "kpg" <> say in news:uG5$w1UDFHA.2052
    @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

    > f.i. = fer instance

    Found Intellect. Forget Idiocy. Famed Ignorance From Intense
    Forgetfullness, I'IGHT?

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    - He does the work of three men: Larry, Moe and Curly.

    Neil, Feb 7, 2005