Re: Europe Online Broadband via Satellite?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Ross, Aug 10, 2003.

  1. Ross

    Ross Guest

    In message <bh40us$3e3$>, John <>
    writes
    >Hi.
    >
    >I just wondered if anyone has tried Broadband Online via Satellite here in
    >the UK?
    >
    >If so, I just wondered what your impressions of it are? What is the latency
    >like etc?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >John

    I havent tried it, but have seen some comments about it. Some of the
    services are effectively "queued download" type. You get your downloads
    overnight.

    The latency is sufficient to make real time interactive game playing
    hopeless.

    There arent many services available at the moment, but there must be
    more coming, since Eutelsat e-Bird is scheduled to launch later in the
    year. This will be a dedicated internet satellite which will be slotting
    at 33E.
    --
    Ross Lockley
    Galashiels

    http://www.analoguesat.co.uk

    Reply address is spam trapped. Remove the trap to reply direct.

    Ross, Aug 10, 2003