Re: EULA how enforcible in NZ OT?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Donchano, Oct 4, 2011.

  1. Donchano

    Donchano Guest

    On Tue, 04 Oct 2011 16:43:26 +1300, Robert Cooze
    <c_o-o_z-e_r-b_@-c-o-o-z-eD_O_Tc_oD_O_Tnz> shouted from the highest
    rooftop:

    >On 04/10/11 15:49, Robert Cooze wrote:
    >> Kind of off topic and kind of on topic
    >>
    >> The EULA from sony on there playstation 3 and BlueRay players. In the
    >> later case of the player, It had a EULA with a agree decline button. but
    >> trying to read the EULA written in total legalease it is very hard to
    >> work out if I want to decline or accept and what my actual risks are.
    >>
    >> There where some funny bits about not suitable for fail-safe uses as in
    >> weapons control and life support and saying death may result.
    >>
    >> Any way have written to sony and there has been no response, I might
    >> talk to the retailer about my problem.
    >>
    >> It would not have been to bad If I could get a copy of the net or print
    >> a hard copy. but thems the breaks. there was a total refund clause if I
    >> rejected the EULA if I red it right but cant find it now....

    >Got a e-mail from sony after I phoned them. I got a link to a 6 page
    >pdf. not shure if it is exactly the same but will give it a read and see
    >what it says. anybody want the link or should I copy and paste the funny
    >parts :)

    You might want to have a look at this freeware application:

    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/eulalyzer.html

    Donchano, Oct 4, 2011