Re: EU Gives Microsoft Last Chance

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Herman Wouk, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. Herman Wouk

    Herman Wouk Guest

    dOTdASH allegedly said:

    > "Theodor Adorno" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> EU Officials Charge Microsoft
    >> With Ongoing Antitrust Abuses
    >>
    >> August 6, 2003
    >>
    >> European Union antitrust regulators Wednesday charged Microsoft Corp.
    >> with ongoing antitrust abuses and gave the company a final chance to
    >> modify its software and business practices.

    > snip
    >
    > Let's get real here. This is all about a rising tide of anti-Americanism
    > within Europe. Apart from a few notable exceptions, Europe missed the boat
    > when it came to building a huge software industry and they now see
    > themselves as being at the mercy of the US. I can see another round of
    > trade wars looming.

    I disagree.

    The EU suit against Microsoft has been underway as long as the US one was -
    and was sparked by the same illegal practices.

    The difference is that the EU doesn't have a corrupt President like G W Bush
    who will tell the EU equivalent of the US Department of Justice to back off
    - despite a guilty verdict.

    Remember: Microsoft was found guilty in the US.

    Bush theft of the 2000 elections allowed him to give MS a 'Get out of jail
    free' card despite their conviction on 12 counts of illegal maintenance of
    a monopoly.

    Herman Wouk, Aug 7, 2003