    Barry Vee Guest

    It's advisable to have a separate trojan cleaner.
    I use The Cleaner from Moosoft at http://www.moosoft.com/
    It's free for 30 days, then an annual fee, if I remember rightly.

    HTH

    Barry

    "Experienced but Undocumented" <> wrote in message
    news:C4vXa.615967$...
    > Is eTrust EZ Antivirus good for detecting trojans as well? Or is it

    better

    Barry Vee, Aug 4, 2003

  2. "Barry Vee" <bernard.verona@(Unwanted)cogeco.ca> wrote
    > It's advisable to have a separate trojan cleaner.
    > I use The Cleaner from Moosoft at http://www.moosoft.com/
    > It's free for 30 days, then an annual fee, if I remember rightly.

    How does one get a Trojan?
    Experienced but Undocumented, Aug 4, 2003

  3. Barry Vee

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Experienced but Undocumented said:

    > "Barry Vee" <bernard.verona@(Unwanted)cogeco.ca> wrote
    >> It's advisable to have a separate trojan cleaner.
    >> I use The Cleaner from Moosoft at http://www.moosoft.com/
    >> It's free for 30 days, then an annual fee, if I remember rightly.

    > How does one get a Trojan?

    In the same way one gets a virus.
    Brian H¹©, Aug 4, 2003
  4. Barry Vee

    °Mike° Guest

    I agree wiv dis poast!!

    "The Cleaner SUCKS!!"

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 13:50:06 -0500, in
    <Xns93CD8CDF078B9roseeneener@206.127.4.10>
    @}-}-------Rosee scrawled:

    °Mike°, Aug 4, 2003
  5. .....and there you have it folks. Sir Guinea Pig has spoken.....NEEner!...;oþ

    °Mike° <> chiseled in stone, the following
    words news::

    --
    @}-}--}------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm
    @}-}-------Rosee, Aug 5, 2003
  6. Barry Vee

    Mara Guest

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 18:02:50 -0500, @}-}-------Rosee wrote:

    >....and there you have it folks. Sir Guinea Pig has spoken.....NEEner!...;oþ

    I'll third it, too.

    "The Cleaner. Gah."

    >°Mike° <> chiseled in stone, the following
    >words news::
    >
    >> I agree wiv dis poast!!
    >>
    >> "The Cleaner SUCKS!!"

    <snip>

    --
    Two minutes is, to me, 2 minutes too many. Trolls thrive on
    attention... starve them, and they die pathetic, lonely little deaths.
    Mara, Aug 5, 2003
  7. .....not to mention their unprofessional behavior towards Max.

    Mara <> chiseled in stone, the following
    words news::

    --
    @}-}--}------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm
    @}-}-------Rosee, Aug 5, 2003
  8. "@}-}-------Rosee" <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com> writes:

    > I wouldn't trust The Cleaner to shine my shoes. It is a pile of
    > poo!

    I must object to your vilifying poo by saying that it is no better
    than The Cleaner. This is a vicious lur upon the good name of poo
    everywhere. I demand that you apologise to all faeces, since The
    Cleaner is does not deserve to be so highly praised.

    Also, I second ºMikeº's post about the value of a good AT - Trojan
    Hunter ROCKS! As for TDS, the vendor's ethics are Nixonesque, at
    best. He makes a point of targetting TH, and its author, even coming
    in to the TH forums to pick a fight once. Here's a thread from another
    forum where he tried it on, and received some interesting

    Though this be method, yet there is madness in 't

    http://www.maxqnz.com/References.html
    Max Quordlepleen, Aug 5, 2003
  9. Barry Vee

    Mara Guest

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 20:15:34 -0500, @}-}-------Rosee wrote:

    >....not to mention their unprofessional behavior towards Max.

    Very much so, yes. Spammed him, in fact.

    "I haven't forgotten."

    --
    "You can't rush the kind of cool *we* are."
    --Erekosë, Evil Abuse Minion #5
    Mara, Aug 5, 2003
  10. How thoughtless of me. My apologies to shitheads all over the word.....;oD

    Nixonesque, huh? Ewwwwww, I must've missed that.

    Thanks for that info, I'll be trying Trojan Hunter next....although TDS did run
    quite nicely on an install of Win98SE....but I wouldn't like the ethics shown
    in that forum. Although I've upgraded the NEC with XP. It runs quite well on
    an AMD K6II 450, !surprisingly! AND the peripheals are all recognized and
    working well, but not blazingly quick, but I'm still amazed. I'll do an install of
    TH this week, if time permits.

    Max Quordlepleen <> chiseled in stone, the following words

    @}-}-------Rosee, Aug 5, 2003
  11. Nor I...;o(

    > On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 20:15:34 -0500, @}-}-------Rosee wrote:
    >>....not to mention their unprofessional behavior towards Max.

    > Very much so, yes. Spammed him, in fact.
    >
    > "I haven't forgotten."

    <schnippen>

    --
    @}-}--}------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm
    @}-}-------Rosee, Aug 5, 2003
  12. Schitt!

    "l"

    "@}-}-------Rosee" <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com> chiseled in stone, the
    following words news:Xns93CDDE0A72C25roseeneener@206.127.4.10:

    @}-}-------Rosee, Aug 5, 2003
  13. Barry Vee

    Mara Guest

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 21:59:21 -0500, @}-}-------Rosee wrote:

    >Nor I...;o(

    Not to worry. I keep the Mallet Of Extremely Forcible Cluegetting handy, in case
    they try something like that again to one of my friends. I've used it on them
    once....

    "I don't usually have to use it twice. Heh. ;)"

    Mara, Aug 5, 2003
  14. Ooooo...that "bristling with weapons" thought again......;oD

    @}-}-------Rosee, Aug 5, 2003
  15. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:vfwXa.4752$,
    Brian H¹© <> typed
    ||| "Barry Vee" <bernard.verona@(Unwanted)cogeco.ca> wrote
    ||| How does one get a Trojan?
    || In the same way one gets a virus.

    Is that the only way?

    ---
    Message has been scanned and is, to the best of my knowledge, Virus Free.
    Robert de Brus, Aug 5, 2003