Re: Epson stylus photo 925 - paper feeds trouble

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Geir Klemetsen, Aug 8, 2003.

  1. "Jimmy" <> skrev i melding

    > "Geir Klemetsen" <regeir@N0ZPÁM.start.no> wrote in message
    > > Hi. I have an printer, type Epson stylus photo 925.
    > > Today, i printed some PDF-documents. I set the print layout to be
    > > multi-page, 2 pages pr page (i can't explain it better).
    > >
    > > When half of the documents was finished printing, a lot of papers was
    > > stucked in the paper-feed on the rear side of the printer. Fortunately

    for
    > > me, i sucess to pull the papers out, but unfortunately, i push the
    > > resume-button
    > >

    > And your point is...

    What do you think happens when you are going to print 20++ pages printed on
    both sides, and paper jam suddenly happens?
    Shit happens. Especially when this was a layout of an important document.
    You have to start over again, because the papers that was pulled into the
    printer is all corrupt (the paper that is currently being printed on, will
    geat printer ink spread randomly around the edges and look bad).

    Paper jam is a thing that should not happends. Its a waste of expensive
    paper and my time.

    Geir Klemetsen, Aug 8, 2003

  2. Geir Klemetsen

    Jimmy Guest

    > What do you think happens when you are going to print 20++ pages printed on
    > both sides, and paper jam suddenly happens?
    > Shit happens. Especially when this was a layout of an important document.
    > You have to start over again, because the papers that was pulled into the
    > printer is all corrupt (the paper that is currently being printed on, will
    > geat printer ink spread randomly around the edges and look bad).
    >
    > Paper jam is a thing that should not happends. Its a waste of expensive
    > paper and my time.

    In your first post and in this reply you seem to be making a statement, not asking for information,
    not seeking others experiences which may give you some insight as to how this could happen or how to
    possibly prevent the situation. Yeah, shit does happen. Enough on this, now perhaps I can share
    some information which may be a potential source of the problem.

    I have a Epson 925 and the only time this sort of problem happened to me is when I failed to move
    the paper thickness selector on the side to the paper setting from the envelope setting. In the
    envelope setting the rollers are slightly wider apart and will pull in multiple sheets just as you
    have described. After having finally 'found' my operator error, I haven't had the problem again. I
    hope this simple fix will help and there is nothing seriously wrong with your printer.

    Jimmy, Aug 8, 2003