Re: Epson paper v others

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Myles, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. Myles

    Myles Guest

    On 18 Aug 2003 14:06:14 -0700, (Victorc) wrote:

    >I'm using Epson double sided heavyweight matte paper (167gsm) on a
    >Photo Stylus 810 and for reasons of cost and wanting to use a slightly
    >thicker paper, am considering using Compucolor (170)gsm or Folex (180)
    >gsm.
    >
    >Does anyone have any experience of quality issues or printer damage
    >using either of these papers?
    >
    >I'm also usin Ink Factory inks which I'm satisfied with.
    >
    >Vic

    I have been given a selection of Lyson papers . Anyone know if it is
    safe to use these in my Epson Stylus 870 ?

    Myles
    Myles, Aug 21, 2003

  2. Myles

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: (Myles)

    >I have been given a selection of Lyson papers . Anyone know if it is
    >safe to use these in my Epson Stylus 870 ?

    Yes, it's safe to use them. The problem is getting good results since the
    Epson pre-sets were designed for the Epson papers.

    Bill
    Bill Hilton, Aug 21, 2003

  3. Myles

    Phil Guest

    On 21 Aug 2003 15:25:28 GMT, dy (Bill Hilton)
    wrote:

    >Yes, it's safe to use them. The problem is getting good results since the
    >Epson pre-sets were designed for the Epson papers.

    I see that some paper manufacturers recommend an Epson pre-set for
    their paper, others leave you to find the best setting yourself.

    Apart from using say "Ink-jet transparencies" (which uses less ink) is
    there any way that the Epson pre-sets can be tweaked?

    Phil
    Phil, Aug 22, 2003
  4. Myles

    Robertwgross Guest

    Phil wrote:
    >Apart from using say "Ink-jet transparencies" (which uses less ink) is
    >there any way that the Epson pre-sets can be tweaked?

    For most Epson printers, in the printer driver you have options, e.g. more
    saturation, or more red, and those can be saved as a custom setting with your
    custom paper name.

    ---Bob Gross---
    Robertwgross, Aug 22, 2003