Re: Epson is garbage

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by HRosita, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. HRosita

    HRosita Guest

    > wrote:

    >A very keen amateur (or somebody who is still learning, like me) would
    >use about one T009 cartridge per week

    I am not sure I understand the amount of ink you consume. How many pictures do
    you print and what size?

    Before I had a photo printer (I now still have the Epson 1270), if I wanted a
    8x10" print it would cost $10+.
    How much would it cost you to print the equivalent number of pictures that use
    up a T009 a week professionaly?
    Rosita
    HRosita, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Because I am now learning the trade, I am using up more ink than a
    normal person, eg. no sooner have I finished printing, that I discover
    errors, etc., and have to do it all over again; or simply the artist in
    me gets carried away in search of perfection... :). I also prefer
    A3, I did a little test of my own, and "discovered" that the 1280/90
    seemed to perform better at that size, at least according to my tests.
    I also have a new scanner, and a backlog of slides taken 25 years ago,
    on the immortal Kodachrome 64, therefore I could scan and print non stop
    24 hours a day, for a little while! If this was not enough, in my neck
    of the woods prices for all things photographic and digital are between
    30 and 60 per cent higher than in us (sometimes even higher). Therefore
    my figures or calculations would not be relevant to you.

    n article <>, HRosita
    <> writes
    >> wrote:

    >>A very keen amateur (or somebody who is still learning, like me) would
    >>use about one T009 cartridge per week

    >I am not sure I understand the amount of ink you consume. How many pictures do
    >you print and what size?
    >
    >Before I had a photo printer (I now still have the Epson 1270), if I wanted a
    >8x10" print it would cost $10+.
    >How much would it cost you to print the equivalent number of pictures that use
    >up a T009 a week professionaly?
    >Rosita

    Nobody
    nobody nowhere, Jul 22, 2003

  3. You mean like a C.I.S you can just dump ink into a bottle and never
    have to reload a cassette?

    --
    Check out my website @
    http://members.bellatlantic.net/~gblank

    Considering eating out?; You may end up spending a fortune in cookies.
    Gregory W. Blank, Jul 24, 2003
  4. HRosita

    Rafe B. Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 04:13:58 GMT, (Gregory W.
    Blank) wrote:

    >You mean like a C.I.S you can just dump ink into a bottle and never
    >have to reload a cassette?

    That's the idea. It's rarely quite that simple, of course, but
    in practice it will save you lots of $ in ink.

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com
    Rafe B., Jul 24, 2003