Re: EOS-6D - 20 Mpix FF [ WiFi, GPS ]

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Noons, Sep 18, 2012.

  1. Noons

    Noons Guest

    Alan Browne wrote,on my timestamp of 18/09/2012 12:03 PM:
    > from http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canon-eos-6d/

    If it is in dpreview, why are you re-posting it here?
    Isn't that plagiarism?
    Never mind:
    we all know you are a Canon plant in the newsgroups...

    Noons, Sep 18, 2012

  2. Noons

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 12:14:27 +1000, Noons <>
    wrote:

    >Alan Browne wrote,on my timestamp of 18/09/2012 12:03 PM:
    >> from http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canon-eos-6d/

    >If it is in dpreview, why are you re-posting it here?
    >Isn't that plagiarism?
    >Never mind:
    >we all know you are a Canon plant in the newsgroups...

    Noons wonders why he always gets caught when he plagiarizes his middle
    school term papers...he includes a link to his source.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Sep 18, 2012

  3. Noons

    Noons Guest

    tony cooper wrote,on my timestamp of 18/09/2012 1:50 PM:

    >> Alan Browne wrote,on my timestamp of 18/09/2012 12:03 PM:
    >>> from http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canon-eos-6d/

    >> If it is in dpreview, why are you re-posting it here?
    >> Isn't that plagiarism?
    >> Never mind:
    >> we all know you are a Canon plant in the newsgroups...
    >>

    > Noons wonders why he always gets caught when he plagiarizes his middle
    > school term papers...he includes a link to his source.

    Can you for once make sense? Try using English as the language, dickhead...

    Noons, Sep 18, 2012
  4. Noons

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:07:16 AM UTC+1, Noons wrote:
    > tony cooper wrote,on my timestamp of 18/09/2012 1:50 PM:

    > >> If it is in dpreview, why are you re-posting it here?

    > >> Isn't that plagiarism?

    > >> Never mind:

    > >> we all know you are a Canon plant in the newsgroups...

    > > Noons wonders why he always gets caught when he plagiarizes his middle

    > > school term papers...he includes a link to his source.

    > Can you for once make sense? Try using English as the language, dickhead...

    he could have meant that you cann't be accused of plagerism if you post the original link to which you used to get the information. This is quite standard in those areas were it matters.
    Plagerism is where you pretend you are the originator of a copied work or artical.

    Whisky-dave, Sep 19, 2012
  5. Noons

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:14:28 AM UTC+1, Noons wrote:
    > Alan Browne wrote,on my timestamp of 18/09/2012 12:03 PM:
    >
    > > from http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canon-eos-6d/

    > If it is in dpreview, why are you re-posting it here?
    >
    > Isn't that plagiarism?
    >
    > Never mind:
    >
    > we all know you are a Canon plant in the newsgroups...

    I don't reply to personal emails so I thought I'd post my reply here.

    noons wrote :-

    Ah, OK: parrotism, then.
    Because if one publishes a link to original text and then repeats the original text, one is basically parroting the original and doing nothing useful in terms of added value.

    That is how mosy things work.
    It's the correct way of doing things.
    Look at wikipeaia
    The vast majority of which is links to the information provided.
    Try it sometime.

    Sorry, but I don't subscribe to the "university paper" notion that it's OK to just parrot text from other places.

    But that is the form submissions are meant to be.
    It's standard practice in thesis, if you make a statement such as the speed of light is.... then you have to back that up with evidence unless you yourself have discivered the speed of light.

    Where did the parroting start ?, well you say here I say it started with canon.
    They parroted what the engineers told them how did '#canon;' know it was a FF camera ?
    Because the designers of teh sensors told them so, so they parroted that info to the meadi, and in any other formn which is where dpreview got theri info,
    uynless you think they disected the camera, I doubt vDpreview took the camera aprt to check what processor they used so I assume they parroted that intfon from canon who parrioted it from their engineers

    It is borderline plagiarism:

    No it's a significant step from plagiarism.

    one is not adding ANY value,

    Yes you are just with all sumerising of anything.

    When just repeating what anyone else can already read in the original.

    Wrong.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism

    Now explain the links
    Alfrey, Penelope (February 2000) "Petrarch's Apes: Originality, Plagiarism and Copyright Principles within Visual Culture". MIT Communications Forum.
    Are yuo saying the wiki entry is Plagiarism because it links to further information ....

    Whisky-dave, Sep 21, 2012