Re: enterprise backup solutions

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Marcel, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. Marcel

    Marcel Guest

    Veritas NetBackup is a good solution, but it too expensive. Try
    NetVault from BakBone (www.bakbone.com):
    Easy to manage, nearly same functionality as NetBackup, nearly half
    price. Much better than Veritas in NAS/SAN environments!

    ---
    Marcel

    Marcel, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Marcel

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    (Marcel) wrote in news:b3af573e.0404010642.ea15d84
    @posting.google.com:

    > NetVault

    you don't happen to work for NetVault do you?

    Important Links Ranked In Order of Relevance:
    ---
    MCSE on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Certification Requirements
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/
    --
    MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000 Certification Requirements
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/requirements.asp
    Rowdy Yates, Apr 1, 2004

  3. Marcel

    Neil Guest

    (Marcel) wrote in

    > Veritas NetBackup is a good solution, but it too expensive. Try
    > NetVault from BakBone (www.bakbone.com):
    > Easy to manage, nearly same functionality as NetBackup, nearly half
    > price. Much better than Veritas in NAS/SAN environments!
    >
    > ---
    > Marcel

    <snip>

    We're only looking at those two (NetBackup and HP Dataprotector) as
    solutions. Anyone have any experience with DataProtector?

    --
    Neil
    Neil, Apr 1, 2004