Re: English DD 5.1 and DD 2.0 - Why ??

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by whosbest54, Nov 5, 2013.

  1. whosbest54

    whosbest54 Guest

    In article <>,
    hotmail.com@lis2lis2 says...
    >Just bought "The Dark Knight Rises" (closeout, single DVD
    >$5), it has the English Language soundtrack in Dolby Digital
    >5.1 and 2.0, why waste the space for the DD 2.0 soundtrack?
    >
    >I've never listened to the difference between downmixed DD
    >5.1 -> Dolby Surround and Dolby Surround (professionally
    >encoded, not downmixed in the DVD player) from DD 2.0, it
    >there that much of a difference to justity both on a DVD?

    My guess is the producer specified this for their own reasons, wanting
    to preserve their 2.0 mix instead of letting the player dowmmix it. I
    suppose the producer felt the difference was important.

    Also, I wonder if the space taken up was signficant enough to make a
    difference for video quality or extra features content for this
    particular disc.

    whosbest54

    http://whosbest54.netau.net/rao.htm

    http://whosbest54.netau.net/rmb.html