Re: Encryption software for XP?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Ari, Nov 22, 2008.

  1. Ari

    Ari Guest

    On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 01:16:21 -0600, Sarah Houston wrote:

    > "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote :
    >
    >> From: "Sarah Houston" <>
    >>
    >>| I use Pegasus mail on Windows XP Home edition.
    >>
    >>| Is there some kind of software for sending encrypted emails to
    >>| friends, with strong encryption, but pretty much transparently done
    >>| ( don't have to fast and meditate to be able to use it? ) and that
    >>| doesn't cost much for the software?
    >>
    >> News:comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows
    >>
    >> or
    >>
    >> http://community.pmail.com/
    >>
    >> { A /*Long*/ time user of P-Mail and presently using v4.50 PB1 }

    > I've been using Pegasus for as long as I've been on the internet, like
    > 1994 or so.
    >
    > I thought they'd stopped new development on it.

    You might be better off encrypting a Word or Notepad file then loading
    it as an attachment.

    http://www.axantum.com/AxCrypt/Sourceforge.html

    ....is very simple to use. Whomever you send the encrypted file to will
    need to have a copy of Axcrypt as well. Freeware.

    There is a auto-decrypting feature so that your Recipient doesn't have
    to have AxCrypt) but this turns your file into an .exe which many email
    programs and services might reject.
    Ari, Nov 22, 2008