Re: encoded mpeg files

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Unk, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. Unk

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:15:56 -0400, "dave" <df> wrote:
    >when I open certain message the mpeg files are nothing but lines of text and
    >symbols. How do I view these?

    It could be combine, multiple or yEnc files.

    Combine:
    "xxx.mpg" (01/50) tells us this is part 1 of 50 parts.
    Use "Combine and Decode" to join:
    Highlight the files you want to combine & decode.
    (Click the first, hold "Shift" or "Control"
    to select the rest of the group)
    From Outlook: Select "Message", "Combine & Decode"

    Multiple:
    For multiple files (xxx.mpg.001, xxx.mpg.002, etc):
    "xxx.mpg.050" tells us this is part 50 of the file but we have
    no idea how many parts are needed unless there is also a "xxx.bat"
    file which is the stand-alone joiner, and lists the number of files
    in the set. To join without "xxx.bat", you MUST have "xxx.mpg.001".
    "xxx.mpg.001" has the checksum and number of parts needed to make a
    complete file using the Splitter/Joiner program (Listed Below) to
    combine all the parts.

    Save all the files to a folder, then combine them with the
    "xxx.bat". If "xxx.bat" is missing, then use one of the below
    programs to join the files using "xxx.mpg.001" as the start file.
    "MasterSplitter" http://www.tomasoft.com or
    "HJ-Split" http://freebyte.com/hjsplit/ or
    "Just Another Splitter" http://www.jas-etc.com

    yEnc links and information:
    http://www.brawnylads.com/yproxy
    http://www.smr-usenet.com/software/misc.shtml Download
    "The Yenc utilities". They include yencpowerpost,
    yenc for Agent, ydecode, yencode and more
    http://www.yenc.org
    http://code.blitzaffe.com/delphi/
    http://www.uwekeller.de/index.html...giganews free newsreader
    http://www.co.jyu.fi/~ap/bnr.html freeware

    Agent is probably the best, and well worth the money.
    http://www.forteinc.com

    Full/Free Agent (try/buy)
    ftp://ftp.forteinc.com/pub/agent/english/a32en193.exe

    Unk

    Unk, Jul 23, 2003