Re: Enable DMA

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Rhys, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. Rhys

    Rhys Guest

    yup
    I used the debug command at the promt as reffered to in the article and it
    confirmed it was capable.

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Have you actually checked that your drive is DMA capable?
    >

    > On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 19:38:18 +0100, in
    > <2fEac.154$Wq6.110@newsfe1-win>
    > Rhys scrawled:
    >
    > >I Enabled it on my C: drive but it gets reset back to being off when the
    > >system is rebooted.
    > >I read the article http://www.windows-help.net/windows98/tune-35.htm that
    > >you suggested and it says that the registry is sometimes not updated. It
    > >explains to enter some value to mshdc.inf and to then remove all IDE

    devices
    > >from the device manager.
    > >
    > >My question is when removing the device as explained in the article do i
    > >have to remove all drives when it is only my C: drive that does not have

    DMA

    Rhys, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Rhys

    °Mike° Guest

    Remove all IDE devices and reboot.

    On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:49:43 +0100, in
    <IrSac.68$>
    Rhys scrawled:

    >yup
    >I used the debug command at the promt as reffered to in the article and it
    >confirmed it was capable.
    >
    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Have you actually checked that your drive is DMA capable?

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Apr 1, 2004