Re: Emptying recycle bin

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by why?, Feb 18, 2009.

  1. why?

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 09:32:16 -0800, dunc wrote:

    >Trying to empty the recycle bin by the recycle bin button does not do
    >the job. Under Windows Vista, is there any other way to empty it?

    Depending on if you are up to it, I usually delete the recycle bin
    folders completely and let the OS recreate them.

    www.google.com

    This doesn't look too helpful to start with
    - Results 1 - 10 of about 3,880,000 for
    vista recycle bin problems
    .. (0.21 seconds)

    - better fewer results
    Results 1 - 10 of about 37,300 for
    can't empty vista recycle bin
    .. (0.18 seconds)

    - interesting 1st hit
    Results 1 - 10 of about 206,000 for
    empty vista recycle bin
    .. (0.23 seconds)

    ITsVISTA Tip 23: Empty Vista’s Recycle Bin from the Command Line ...
    So you used one of the previous tips to remove the Recycle Bin from your
    desktop, but now you want to empty it. Can’t simply right-click on it to
    do that ...
    http://itsvista.com/2007/01/itsvista-tip-23-empty-vistas-recycle-bin-from-the-command-line/

    Just in case you are wondering, I am taking guesses at keywords and
    ordering to get better hits, you can try a few yourself.

    Me

    why?, Feb 18, 2009

  2. why?

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 14:20:05 -0800, dunc wrote:

    >On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 17:42:15 GMT, why?
    >

    >>On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 09:32:16 -0800, dunc wrote:
    >>
    >>>Trying to empty the recycle bin by the recycle bin button does not do
    >>>the job. Under Windows Vista, is there any other way to empty it?

    >>Depending on if you are up to it, I usually delete the recycle bin
    >>folders completely and let the OS recreate them.
    >>
    >>www.google.com

    <snip>

    >>Just in case you are wondering, I am taking guesses at keywords and
    >>ordering to get better hits, you can try a few yourself.
    >>
    >>Me

    >Thanks for going to all that trouble. This thing really pissed me

    No trouble it was just after getitng home was late leaving work :) bit
    of a funny mood, see the other posts from yesterday.

    >off so I went and got a cup of coffee. When I got back the bin was
    >empty. Sure was good coffee.

    Me

    why?, Feb 19, 2009