Re: Embedding Comments in your photos?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by croy, Sep 14, 2010.

  1. croy

    croy Guest

    On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 05:25:01 -0700, Crash!
    <> wrote:

    >Last time I looked, no MS Windows pic viewers
    >would show or write jpg comments. How silly, how sad.
    >That was a few years ago.
    >
    >Which freeware viewers these days do that?
    >I particularly wonder about built-in Windows viewers
    >so I can tell my email buddies how to read my jpg comments,
    >and perhaps (yeah right!) embed comments into their own pics.
    >Do ANY!?

    Just upstream of your post was an advert for SnipClick.
    Maybe it does this?

    --
    croy
    croy, Sep 14, 2010

  2. croy

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 19:50:20 -0700, croy <>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 05:25:01 -0700, Crash!
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>Last time I looked, no MS Windows pic viewers
    >>would show or write jpg comments. How silly, how sad.
    >>That was a few years ago.
    >>
    >>Which freeware viewers these days do that?
    >>I particularly wonder about built-in Windows viewers
    >>so I can tell my email buddies how to read my jpg comments,
    >>and perhaps (yeah right!) embed comments into their own pics.
    >>Do ANY!?

    >Just upstream of your post was an advert for SnipClick.
    >Maybe it does this?

    The FastStone Image Viewer does. Freeware at
    http://www.faststone.org/

    Even though I have Bridge/CS4 and Lightroom, and Elements for that
    matter, I use the FastStone Image Viewer the most. Great program.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Sep 14, 2010

  3. croy

    Irwell Guest

    On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 14:20:33 -0700, Crash! wrote:
    napfiles.com/reviews/IrfanView/irfan.html

    > IrfanView image viewer
    > CNET editors' review
    > * CNET editors' rating: 4.0 stars
    > * Average user rating: 4.0 stars out of 2809 votes
    > Total Downloads: 52,118,812

    Wow! 52 million downloads, that's impressive.
    Irwell, Sep 14, 2010