Re: Email Question on W-7

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dan C, Sep 11, 2010.

  1. Dan C

    Dan C Guest

    On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 09:30:22 -0500, Valorie *~~ wrote:

    > Whay can't my anti-Virus program (Avast) scan my email in WindowsLive
    > mail in W/7? ? I get a window
    > that says I have to disable SSL/TSL in my mail client to have my mail
    > scanned. Where is this located and how is it disabled? Also, why are
    > years old messages on the server being downloaded? How do I set this
    > mail program to only download new messages from gmail, not ones from
    > 2006? TIA

    You'll need to format the hard drive to enable those features.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he stepped into the acceleration chamber.

    Dan C, Sep 11, 2010

  2. Dan C

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 23:35:08 -0500, Valorie *~~ wrote:

    > "Dan C" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 09:30:22 -0500, Valorie *~~ wrote:
    >>
    >>> Whay can't my anti-Virus program (Avast) scan my email in WindowsLive
    >>> mail in W/7? ? I get a window
    >>> that says I have to disable SSL/TSL in my mail client to have my mail
    >>> scanned. Where is this located and how is it disabled? Also, why are
    >>> years old messages on the server being downloaded? How do I set this
    >>> mail program to only download new messages from gmail, not ones from
    >>> 2006? TIA

    >> You'll need to format the hard drive to enable those features.

    > PLONK!
    >
    > FLUSH!

    Don't mind Dan. He was nearly strangled to death by his own placenta
    during birth back in 2002. This resulted in massive brain damage. He
    really does think that you must format your hard drive to correct
    problems. Sad isn't it?

    Meat Plow, Sep 11, 2010