Re: Elite DATA 4x CD-RW are not a True 4x CD

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. "Greg Townsend" <> wrote in message

    > A friend could not burn it in his 4x CD-RW burner, so I check it and it

    burnt
    > at 10 x but the date was not 100%, but if it set it for 4x all was ok..
    >

    > These look similar to the Melody brand ones, that are made by Mitshubishi

    and
    > are ok at 4x..
    >

    > So may be these are reject 10x rated for 4x..

    "The date was not 100%"??

    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 25, 2003

  2. Nicholas Sherlock

    Murray Symon Guest

    On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 18:15:07 +1200, Nicholas Sherlock wrote:

    > "Greg Townsend" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> A friend could not burn it in his 4x CD-RW burner, so I check it and it

    > burnt
    >> at 10 x but the date was not 100%, but if it set it for 4x all was ok..
    >>

    >> These look similar to the Melody brand ones, that are made by
    >> Mitshubishi

    > and
    >> are ok at 4x..
    >>

    >> So may be these are reject 10x rated for 4x..
    >>

    > "The date was not 100%"??
    >
    > Nicholas Sherlock

    I think it should have read "The data was not 100%" - this from a
    posting that falls somewhat short of 100% itself :)

    Murray Symon, Jul 25, 2003

  3. Nicholas Sherlock

    Invisible Guest

    wrote:

    >"Greg Townsend" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> A friend could not burn it in his 4x CD-RW burner, so I check it and it

    >burnt
    >> at 10 x but the date was not 100%, but if it set it for 4x all was ok..
    >>

    >> These look similar to the Melody brand ones, that are made by Mitshubishi

    >and
    >> are ok at 4x..
    >>

    >> So may be these are reject 10x rated for 4x..
    >>

    >"The date was not 100%"??

    Smells like a woger.

    Invisible, Jul 25, 2003