Re: Ejecting CD from Tray - Unpredictable and Frustrating.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Brian H¹©, Jul 28, 2003.

  1. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Gerry said:

    > Can anyone help me please? Often my CD tray simply does not eject and I
    > have to turn my computer off (with CD trapped inside). I then turn the
    > computer on and I instantly press the eject button to get my CD out. It is
    > so annoying having to do this. Any advice please. I have also tried right
    > clicking eject whilst in Explorer and selecting the CD Drive - it also
    > rarely works.
    >
    > Tia
    >
    > Gerry.

    Can you see a tiny hole on the front of the cd drawer?
    Get a paperclip and push it into that hole, that will release the lock and you
    can open the drawer without having to shutdown and reboot.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/

    Brian H¹©, Jul 28, 2003