    Come On, Buena Vista or Touchstone or Disney -
    DON'T ANNOUNCE A TITLE UNLESS YOU ARE READY TO RELEASE IT!!!

    Better yet - get rid of Mickey "the Rat" Eisner and get your company back in business
    Film Buff, Jan 24, 2004

  2. Film Buff

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, Film Buff
    <> wrote:

    > Come On, Buena Vista or Touchstone or Disney -
    > DON'T ANNOUNCE A TITLE UNLESS YOU ARE READY TO RELEASE IT!!!

    As retailers need time to order and budget for new releases, unless
    you're planning on BV storing discs for a couple months that's not too
    realistic. Problems do come up.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Jan 24, 2004

  3. Film Buff

    Murder Guest

    Invid Fan <> wrote in news:230120042048202258%
    :

    > In article <>, Film Buff
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Come On, Buena Vista or Touchstone or Disney -
    >> DON'T ANNOUNCE A TITLE UNLESS YOU ARE READY TO RELEASE IT!!!
    >>

    > As retailers need time to order and budget for new releases, unless
    > you're planning on BV storing discs for a couple months that's not too
    > realistic. Problems do come up.

    Very few DVDs are delayed, particularly "indefinitely". It's happened to
    this title, what, three times already?

    Murder, Jan 24, 2004
  4. Film Buff

    HermanTurnip Guest

    This is insane. I've been waiting eons for this DVD to finally see the
    light of day. I have a paper due on this film in a few weeks...will I have
    to resort to watching a VHS version?! The horror...

    VHS is a four letter word.

    -HermanTurnip
    http://homepage.mac.com/hermanturnip/

    HermanTurnip, Jan 24, 2004
  5. Film Buff

    Murder Guest

    "HermanTurnip" <> wrote in

    > This is insane. I've been waiting eons for this DVD to finally see
    > the
    > light of day. I have a paper due on this film in a few weeks...will I
    > have to resort to watching a VHS version?! The horror...
    >
    > VHS is a four letter word.
    >
    > -HermanTurnip
    > http://homepage.mac.com/hermanturnip/

    Yeah, I have the VHS. I remember finding it for five bucks brand new. I
    guess Disney lost a lot of money on it, and I used to think that was the
    reason why it was so long in coming to DVD. But, as you say, this is just
    stupid...

    Murder, Jan 24, 2004
  6. "Murder" <> wrote in message
    > "HermanTurnip" <> wrote in
    >
    > > This is insane. I've been waiting eons for this DVD to finally see
    > > the
    > > light of day. I have a paper due on this film in a few weeks...will I
    > > have to resort to watching a VHS version?! The horror...
    > >
    > > VHS is a four letter word.
    > >
    > > -HermanTurnip
    > > http://homepage.mac.com/hermanturnip/

    > Yeah, I have the VHS. I remember finding it for five bucks brand new. I
    > guess Disney lost a lot of money on it, and I used to think that was the
    > reason why it was so long in coming to DVD. But, as you say, this is just
    > stupid...
    >

    > The Castle Monster: http://www.processionofthedamned.com/diablo.htm

    Get the R2 version, it sells for about £8!

    The Unnaturalist.
    The Unnaturalist, Jan 24, 2004
  7. Film Buff

    Murder Guest

    "The Unnaturalist" <> wrote in

    > "Murder" <> wrote in message

    >> Yeah, I have the VHS. I remember finding it for five bucks brand
    >> new. I guess Disney lost a lot of money on it, and I used to think
    >> that was the reason why it was so long in coming to DVD. But, as you
    >> say, this is just stupid...
    >>

    >> The Castle Monster: http://www.processionofthedamned.com/diablo.htm

    > Get the R2 version, it sells for about £8!

    That's cool, but I can't play it.

    --
    "Our galaxy is tens of trillions of miles across, and surrounding it are
    countless galaxies of comparable size. All the cosmos that we have mapped

    Murder, Jan 25, 2004
  8. "Murder" <> wrote in message

    > That's cool, but I can't play it.

    Surely every DVD fan should have multi-region capability? Why restrict
    yourself to one region and a limited amount of DVDs?

    The Unnaturalist.
    The Unnaturalist, Jan 25, 2004
  9. Film Buff

    Murder Guest

    "The Unnaturalist" <> wrote in news:bv0pvo$685
    $:

    > "Murder" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> That's cool, but I can't play it.

    > Surely every DVD fan should have multi-region capability? Why restrict
    > yourself to one region and a limited amount of DVDs?

    Budget considerations, I guess. Didn't see any multi-region players at any
    of the stores I went to, but I wasn't really looking. All I care about is
    my player lasting more than a year and a half this time. I hope sony will
    cut it, because Panasonic and Toshiba really let me down.

    --
    "The power of hypnotic suggestion is highly underestimated. It may sound
    silly, but if you keep repeating a message to someone, in time they'll

    Murder, Jan 25, 2004
  10. Film Buff

    Evil Guest

    **** it. I'm buying this one
    (http://hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.528133/qx/details.htm).

    Evil, Jan 26, 2004
  11. Film Buff

    Jordan Lund Guest

    Film Buff <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Has anyone noticed how many of the recently announced Buena Vista titles have been delayed???

    > and Now "Ed Wood"

    Probably having a hard time translating "have him call Boris Karloff a
    cock-sucker..." into four different languages... ;^)

    - Jordan
    Jordan Lund, Jan 26, 2004