Re: Economy must be improving

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Fred, Jun 2, 2009.

  1. Fred

    Fred Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message
    > Lookout wrote:
    >> On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 19:17:19 -0500, "philo" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Made a purchase over the weekend.
    >>>

    >>> The seller stated his price and I simply paid him *ten times* his asking
    >>> price and told him it was worth it to me.
    >>>
    >>> yep, the economy is doing better and I have more money than I know what
    >>> to do with!

    >> What baffles you is facts.

    > Ok here are the facts:
    >
    > The guy was selling a newspaper from 1934 and asking ten cents for it.
    > I gave him a dollar

    You can get more up to date ones than that.
    Fred, Jun 2, 2009

  2. Fred

    lugnut Guest

    On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 23:45:05 +1200, "Fred"
    <> wrote:

    >"philo" <> wrote in message
    >> Lookout wrote:

    >>> What baffles you is facts.

    >> Ok here are the facts:
    >>
    >> The guy was selling a newspaper from 1934 and asking ten cents for it.
    >> I gave him a dollar

    >You can get more up to date ones than that.

    But, the one published today has no more relevance to
    current events.
    lugnut, Jun 2, 2009

  3. Fred

    philo Guest

    Fred wrote:
    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    >> Lookout wrote:

    >>> What baffles you is facts.

    >> Ok here are the facts:
    >>
    >> The guy was selling a newspaper from 1934 and asking ten cents for it.
    >> I gave him a dollar

    > You can get more up to date ones than that.

    Yes

    but in my 1934 newspaper I can get a two year old car for $65

    a house for $1800

    and coke is $12 a ton

    of course that's coke as in *coal* <G>
    philo, Jun 2, 2009
  4. Fred

    philo Guest

    lugnut wrote:
    > On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 23:45:05 +1200, "Fred"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> "philo" <> wrote in message

    >>> Ok here are the facts:
    >>>
    >>> The guy was selling a newspaper from 1934 and asking ten cents for it.
    >>> I gave him a dollar

    >> You can get more up to date ones than that.
    >>

    > But, the one published today has no more relevance to
    > current events.

    It's fun to read those old articles

    I bet if the schools brought in copies of old news papers.
    History class would actually be interesting
    and the students would learn something.

    well worth the $1 I paid..
    plus the guy also threw in a bunch of wooden spools
    philo, Jun 2, 2009
  5. Fred

    joevan Guest

    On Wed, 03 Jun 2009 14:33:04 -0400, Manatee Memories
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 22:48:14 -0500, "HEMI-Powered" <> wrote,
    >by way of <Xns9C1EF22831CDEReplyScoreID@216.196.97.131>, in
    >24hoursupport.helpdesk -->::
    >
    >>Manatee Memories added these comments in the current discussion du
    >>jour ...
    >>
    >>> Assuming that 12-ounce bottles were the only thing available at
    >>> the time, how many cases would it have taken to make up a ton?
    >>>

    >>And, the mentally ill ex-vet reappears, huh, fishy asshole? You ever
    >>con those VA people into giving you some meds to help you with your
    >>delusions?

    >Are you speaking of my "X Y Y" genetic anomaly, which has pre-disposed
    >me, w/a minimum of 50% over that of the general population, towards some
    >certain physical thing the likes of which I'd not wish even upon your
    >gentle (not) and civilized (again; not) self?
    >
    >I had thought that you, Jerry, with some interval, might have come to
    >your spiritual sense, but now I see you have quite a/the road to
    >travel. Good luck in your journey. Take all the time you need.

    Hemi powered, jerry, is nothing more than a damn troll.
    As an manatee I would think maybe you would have plonked her or him by
    now.
    joevan, Jun 3, 2009