    Xiaoding Guest

    You violated the first rule of aquisition: never give them the money
    until you have the goods.
    Xiaoding, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Xiaoding

    Jimmy Guest

    "Xiaoding" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > You violated the first rule of aquisition: never give them the money
    > until you have the goods.

    This just doesn't happen in the real world of e-retailers or e-auctions.
    Jimmy, Jul 15, 2003

  3. Xiaoding

    Mark B. Guest

    "Xiaoding" <> wrote in message
    > You violated the first rule of aquisition: never give them the money
    > until you have the goods.

    I've never won an auction where the seller sent the goods w/o payment first.
    Ever try to buy something from an established e-tailer and have them charge
    your card AFTER you received it? Of course not. At least with Amazon and
    other decent merchants, they wait until it's shipped. However, Western
    Union is a HUGE red flag. The other red flag was so much for so little. I
    really don't understand how someone could think this looked like a
    legitimate deal.

    Mark
    Mark B., Jul 16, 2003
  4. "Mark B." <> wrote in message
    > "Xiaoding" <> wrote in message
    > > You violated the first rule of aquisition: never give them the money
    > > until you have the goods.

    > I've never won an auction where the seller sent the goods w/o payment

    first.
    > Ever try to buy something from an established e-tailer and have them

    charge
    > your card AFTER you received it? Of course not. At least with Amazon and
    > other decent merchants, they wait until it's shipped. However, Western
    > Union is a HUGE red flag. The other red flag was so much for so little.

    > really don't understand how someone could think this looked like a
    > legitimate deal.

    The seller had good feedback and was a long time eBay member (since Sept
    1999). I bet the account was hijacked.

    Albert
    Albert Wiersch, Jul 16, 2003
  5. Xiaoding

    ajacobs2 Guest

    > You violated the first rule of aquisition: never give them the money
    > until you have the goods.

    FERRENGI, Rule One of Interplanetary Aquisitions.
    ajacobs2, Jul 16, 2003
  6. Xiaoding

    Matt Guest

    "Xiaoding" <> wrote in message
    > You violated the first rule of aquisition: never give them the money
    > until you have the goods.

    Rule 001 » Once you have their money, you never give it back.

    Rule 002 » The best deal is the one that brings the most profit.
    Rule 003 » Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to.
    Rule 004 » A woman wearing clothes is like a man in the kitchen.
    Rule 006 » Never allow family to stand in the way of opportunity.
    Rule 007 » Keep your ears open.
    Rule 008 » Small print leads to large risk.
    Rule 009 » Opportunity plus instinct equals profit.
    Rule 010 » Greed is eternal.
    Matt, Jul 19, 2003
  7. Xiaoding

    Xiaoding Guest

    "Jimmy" <> wrote in message news:<j8XQa.47540$>...
    > "Xiaoding" <> wrote in message
    > > You violated the first rule of aquisition: never give them the money
    > > until you have the goods.

    > This just doesn't happen in the real world of e-retailers or e-auctions."

    It most certainly does! Buy with a credit card, you have 90 days to
    reverse the charges. This won't work for auctions. but it does for
    retailers. For auctions, their are proxy services, who hold onto the
    money until both partys are satisfied.
    Xiaoding, Jul 21, 2003
  8. Xiaoding

    J. A. Mc. Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:15:12 +0000 (UTC),
    (Jason O'Rourke) found these unused words floating about:

    >>> This just doesn't happen in the real world of e-retailers or e-auctions."

    >>It most certainly does! Buy with a credit card, you have 90 days to
    >>reverse the charges. This won't work for auctions. but it does for
    >>retailers. For auctions, their are proxy services, who hold onto the
    >>money until both partys are satisfied.

    >Have you ever tried to do so? Credit card banks are far less helpful
    >with this sort of thing than they make you think. I wouldn't rely on
    >this feature - it sure didn't work for me to the tune of a couple grand.
    >
    >And if you use your credit card to pay paypal, you've got even less of
    >a leg to stand on.

    That's about the thighs of it with Pi**Pal.
    J. A. Mc., Jul 22, 2003