Re: Earthlink and Mozilla newsgroups

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Leonidas Jones, Aug 22, 2003.

  1. murple wrote:
    > Recently I've been having problems with Mozilla and newsgroups.
    > I keep having to re-enter my name and password. I can be browing
    > newsgroups and in the middle of downloading a message and all of
    > a sudden the name and password boxes appear. I can have downloaded
    > message headers and viewed the text of 38 messages and out of
    > nowhere it decides I need to re-enter my password info.
    >
    > I'm suspicious that Earthlink changed something in their configurations.
    > Recently they changed my news server from news.mindspring.com to
    > news.east.earthlink.net but even before that I was having this
    > problem with the name and password windows appearing in the
    > middle of my browsing.
    >
    > I've tried updating from Mozilla 1.0.2 to Mozilla 1.4, but that
    > doesn't seem to have solved the problem. It's an ongoing problem.
    > I've had it for weeks now. But I didn't have it back when I used
    > Mozilla 1.0.1 and when I first updated to Mozilla 1.0.2 I didn't
    > have it then. I think Earthlink is to blame, though they won't
    > admit it.
    >
    > Has anyone else had this problem and, more important, is there
    > a way to solve it. It's sort of a nuisance to have to enter my
    > password info 3 separate times while I'm browsing newsgroups.

    This is not a great answer, but just keep putting in your username and
    password, and keep saving it. Eventually Passweord manager has an entry
    to cover almost any point from which you enter the news groups.

    This was a problem for, me, but it did go away. When I susbscribed to a
    new group Ihad to renenter it. The server change probably did cause you
    to have to go through it all again.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Aug 22, 2003

  2. Leonidas Jones

    murple Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > This is not a great answer, but just keep putting in your username and
    > password, and keep saving it. Eventually Passweord manager has an entry
    > to cover almost any point from which you enter the news groups.
    >
    > This was a problem for, me, but it did go away. When I susbscribed to a
    > new group Ihad to renenter it. The server change probably did cause you
    > to have to go through it all again.
    >
    > Lee

    Thanks for your response.
    It isn't just that I have to reenter it with every new group.
    It's sporadically, even when I'm browsing the same group.
    And often I can create a new group and not have to enter
    the password. It's very weird. If it happened only when
    I created a new group it would make more sense.
    It's not as bad today as it was yesterday though.
    murple, Aug 24, 2003