Re: e-mail errors

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by zarathustra, Jun 22, 2003.

  1. zarathustra

    zarathustra Guest

    He who doth Slump a lot doodled:
    > "Quit the smart-ass comments" they said, so I forgot all about doing
    > an intro and listened as trout said
    >
    >> resohtkc wrote:
    >>
    >>> I get an unknown error message when I try to send email and I can't
    >>> get email from friends but I get plenty of spam mail ... Help

    >> Is your "reply to" address in your email account also in all
    >> capital letters? Do you do this with addresses to which you're
    >> sending?

    > Well spotted :-D

    ....but irrelevant. If you believe that email addresses are
    context-sensitive, why not try sending yourself an email with your address
    in all-caps.

    --
    'the real TOMMY Tutalidge' wrote in message
    news:: - "The people that post in yenc have a
    pickle shoved up their arse."

    '-= Hawk =-' replied in message
    news:nkhdcv4c8uga0jonl0jpcgr8mt3g6m49na@news-server: - "And the people
    (like you) who whine about yEnc eat those pickles."

    http://www.viz.co.uk/profanisaurus/profanis.htm
    zarathustra, Jun 22, 2003

  2. zarathustra

    trout Guest

    zarathustra wrote:

    > He who doth Slump a lot doodled:
    >> "Quit the smart-ass comments" they said, so I forgot all about doing
    >> an intro and listened as trout said

    >>> Is your "reply to" address in your email account also in all
    >>> capital letters? Do you do this with addresses to which you're
    >>> sending?

    >> Well spotted :-D

    > ...but irrelevant. If you believe that email addresses are
    > context-sensitive, why not try sending yourself an email with your
    > address in all-caps.

    Well, I guess you could have given him much better advice, then.
    Pity you spend all your time stalking in week-old threads and correcting
    the spelling of cross-posting trolls.
    --
    "About as useful as Backwards-Boy."
    trout, Jun 22, 2003

  3. zarathustra

    zarathustra Guest

    trout doodled:
    > zarathustra wrote:
    >
    >> He who doth Slump a lot doodled:
    >>> "Quit the smart-ass comments" they said, so I forgot all about doing
    >>> an intro and listened as trout said

    >>> Well spotted :-D

    >> ...but irrelevant. If you believe that email addresses are
    >> context-sensitive, why not try sending yourself an email with your
    >> address in all-caps.

    > Well, I guess you could have given him much better advice, then.

    Well I guess you were fucking WRONG again, _then_. PPfffttt.....You're
    behaving like a fucking newbie. Bite the bullet & admit it (fat chance, eh?)

    > Pity you spend all your time stalking in week-old threads

    MY GOD! NOT TEH WEKE-OLD TRHEADS!!!!!1! WAAAHH! WAAUUHHH! Presumably, you're
    about to quote the RFC that shows this to be 'bad practice'? I won't make
    apologies for having a life, you twat. I've already explained more than
    once - I'm _far_ too busy to get on every day.

    > and
    > correcting the spelling of cross-posting trolls.

    Jesus W. Christ! All I hear from your direction recently sounds something
    like this: "STALK! STALK! SQUAWK! STALK! SQUAWK!"
    In one short week I've gone from a 'cesspool-herder', to 'troll-enabler' to
    a 'stalker'. You just can't help yourself, can you, trout?

    (Keep dancing for a while...then, once you've realised what a **** you've
    made of us both, plonk me. That's just about your style.)

    <BELA LUGOSI'S DEAD>
    MUA-HA-HA-HA-HA!
    </BELA LUGOSI'S DEAD>

    zarathustra, Jun 22, 2003
  4. "Quit the smart-ass comments" they said, so I forgot all about doing an
    intro and listened as trout said

    >> ...but irrelevant. If you believe that email addresses are
    >> context-sensitive, why not try sending yourself an email with your
    >> address in all-caps.

    > Well, I guess you could have given him much better advice, then.
    > Pity you spend all your time stalking in week-old threads and
    > correcting the spelling of cross-posting trolls.

    His only aim in life appears to be to criticise others' posts and the format
    they use for their answers, rather than offer anything constructive.

    --
    slumpy
    no more
    He who doth Slump a lot, Jun 22, 2003
  5. had the same problem happen to me, download your CD again, it worked for.

    Colin Hutchison, Jun 23, 2003
  6. zarathustra

    zarathustra Guest

    "zarathustra" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > trout doodled:
    > > zarathustra wrote:
    > >
    > >> He who doth Slump a lot doodled:

    > >> ...but irrelevant. If you believe that email addresses are
    > >> context-sensitive, why not try sending yourself an email with your
    > >> address in all-caps.

    > > Well, I guess you could have given him much better advice, then.

    > Well I guess you were fucking WRONG again, _then_. PPfffttt.....You're
    > behaving like a fucking newbie. Bite the bullet & admit it (fat chance, eh?)
    >
    > > Pity you spend all your time stalking in week-old threads

    > MY GOD! NOT TEH WEKE-OLD TRHEADS!!!!!1! WAAAHH! WAAUUHHH! Presumably, you're
    > about to quote the RFC that shows this to be 'bad practice'? I won't make
    > apologies for having a life, you twat. I've already explained more than
    > once - I'm _far_ too busy to get on every day.
    >
    > > and
    > > correcting the spelling of cross-posting trolls.

    > Jesus W. Christ! All I hear from your direction recently sounds something
    > like this: "STALK! STALK! SQUAWK! STALK! SQUAWK!"
    > In one short week I've gone from a 'cesspool-herder', to 'troll-enabler' to
    > a 'stalker'. You just can't help yourself, can you, trout?
    >
    > (Keep dancing for a while...then, once you've realised what a **** you've
    > made of us both, plonk me. That's just about your style.)

    AHA! Just as I thought...
    zarathustra, Jun 25, 2003
  7. zarathustra

    phin Guest

    On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 16:46:25 +0100, Josef Knecht
    <> ripped off his/her clothing and screamed
    to the world:

    >>Heh. I thought p'raps tehy were stuck in a game of follow teh leedur.
    >>Or mayhaps "stalker" is phish for good ole boy ...

    >In that case, "stalk" will be the wrong word.
    >
    >"Soooo-eeeeeee..."
    >
    >;o)

    How true. Now who shall we harrass next, oh-my-mentor?

    LOL!!!11!!

    --
    The villagers trembled as a blinding flash of pointlessness illuminated
    the night-time skies.
    phin, Jul 1, 2003
  8. zarathustra

    Josef Knecht Guest

    Phineas P. Hornswaggle <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 14:45:30 +0100, Josef Knecht
    ><> ripped off his/her clothing and screamed
    >to the world:
    >
    >>phin <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 16:46:25 +0100, Josef Knecht
    >>><> ripped off his/her clothing and screamed
    >>>to the world:

    >>>How true. Now who shall we harrass next, oh-my-mentor?
    >>>
    >>>LOL!!!11!!

    >>Who's killfile aren't we TINW in? ;oÞ

    >Perhaps Miggsee's but she is stalking that st00pid BRIANH dipshit so
    >that would put her in "our herd".

    Ba-a-ah! ;o)

    > Are we in PlayD'oh's killfile? I
    >see he has dragged out his ICEHOLE sock again. Shall we play with it
    >again or leave it alone to die of loneliness?

    Yeah, I'd noticed. Let's TINU see what, if anything, develops - I
    doubt it though. For a while there, I considered showing the flounder
    what'd _really_ happen if I did the very thing I've been accused of -
    i.e. 'tout for business' in the UPA froups. In the end, though, I
    dropped the idea - there's more than enough going on already. 24hsh
    has always attracted tehskolehodilaytroles, & you'd think he'd been
    here TINH long enough & have absorbed enough clue to know this. As it
    stands, I'd rather be killfiled than used as a general-purpose
    scapegoat.

    > Jeeze, maybe there
    >really IS a herd????//?

    Dunno about a 'herd' but IMO, cetain members of the 'respected regs'
    clique TINRRC are way too comfortable in their misapprehension that
    24hsh is their personal playground (and their's alone), & ghod help
    those that openly flout their FAQ^H^H^H (oops ;oÞ) viewpoint. If it
    wasn't so fucking hilarious, the current spate of hypocrisy would make
    me puke. Btw, I've got a real 'funny' story for you, Phin, if you'd
    care to email me.

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2
    Josef Knecht, Jul 1, 2003
  9. On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 23:40:42 +0100, Josef Knecht
    <> ripped off his/her clothing and screamed
    to the world:

    >Phineas P. Hornswaggle <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 14:45:30 +0100, Josef Knecht
    >><> ripped off his/her clothing and screamed
    >>to the world:

    >>>Who's killfile aren't we TINW in? ;oÞ

    >>Perhaps Miggsee's but she is stalking that st00pid BRIANH dipshit so
    >>that would put her in "our herd".

    >Ba-a-ah! ;o)
    >
    >> Are we in PlayD'oh's killfile? I
    >>see he has dragged out his ICEHOLE sock again. Shall we play with it
    >>again or leave it alone to die of loneliness?

    >Yeah, I'd noticed. Let's TINU see what, if anything, develops - I
    >doubt it though. For a while there, I considered showing the flounder
    >what'd _really_ happen if I did the very thing I've been accused of -
    >i.e. 'tout for business' in the UPA froups. In the end, though, I
    >dropped the idea - there's more than enough going on already. 24hsh
    >has always attracted tehskolehodilaytroles, & you'd think he'd been
    >here TINH long enough & have absorbed enough clue to know this. As it
    >stands, I'd rather be killfiled than used as a general-purpose
    >scapegoat.

    I should think that he was a big enough dude to recognize when he was
    in the wrong and be able to deal with it maturely, all this bull shit
    about stalking and so on is really too childish even for here.
    <TINBED, TINH>

    You have ended up as scapegoat here before because people don't like
    to see the truth posted about "themselves" when you show them the true
    level of their Hypocrisy. The pointy stick of truth is ever hurtfull
    when used to deflate an overextended little ego.

    >> Jeeze, maybe there
    >>really IS a herd????//?

    >Dunno about a 'herd' but IMO, cetain members of the 'respected regs'
    >clique TINRRC are way too comfortable in their misapprehension that
    >24hsh is their personal playground (and their's alone), & ghod help
    >those that openly flout their FAQ^H^H^H (oops ;oÞ) viewpoint. If it
    >wasn't so fucking hilarious, the current spate of hypocrisy would make
    >me puke.

    My sentiments run to the same level. I guess I am too delicate in
    expressing my opinion for most to pick up the KLOO. Ah well, I shan't
    lose much sleep over the thickness of the skulls of some RRP's around
    here, I am too busy laffing at the wingeing that is passing for
    " Heppin' th' noobs "

    > Btw, I've got a real 'funny' story for you, Phin, if you'd
    >care to email me.

    You at HOtMail?

    Phineas P. Hornswaggle, Jul 2, 2003