Re: Dynalink USB modem

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by lily, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. lily

    lily Guest

    "Wyn" <> wrote in message
    > If there is anyone who uses the Dynalink v1456VQE -R2 USB modem you will
    > find that if you visit the Dynalink website that it is not supported for

    use
    > with Win2K or XP.
    >
    > It's a bloody good modem but I was disappointed to find that when I

    changed
    > to XP it no longer worked. Now with the help of a techie at Dynalink we

    have
    > got it working perfectly on XP.
    >
    > So, anyone else using it who changes to XP should contact Dynalink for
    > advice on what to do.
    >
    > Great service.

    Hardly
    If it works, why don't they support it.
    Or are you saying they do now.
    If so, why should users have to contact Dynalink, when they have a support
    page.
    lily, Aug 7, 2003

  2. lily

    lily Guest

    "Wyn" <> wrote in message

    > "lily" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Wyn" <> wrote in message
    > > > If there is anyone who uses the Dynalink v1456VQE -R2 USB modem you

    will
    > > > find that if you visit the Dynalink website that it is not supported

    for
    > > use
    > > > with Win2K or XP.
    > > >
    > > > It's a bloody good modem but I was disappointed to find that when I

    > > changed
    > > > to XP it no longer worked. Now with the help of a techie at Dynalink

    we
    > > have
    > > > got it working perfectly on XP.
    > > >
    > > > So, anyone else using it who changes to XP should contact Dynalink for
    > > > advice on what to do.
    > > >
    > > > Great service.

    > > Hardly
    > > If it works, why don't they support it.
    > > Or are you saying they do now.
    > > If so, why should users have to contact Dynalink, when they have a

    support
    > > page.

    > I don't agree. I was told that the problem was not with Dynalink but with
    > the manufacturers of the chip who had not provided drivers. The techie

    went
    > to all sorts of trouble to find a solution.
    >
    > Wyn

    I appreciate that you luv the techie that scratched your itch to bits, but
    its just another example of the PC business mess, a problem that should
    never have been allowed to happen in the first place.
    Its nothing more than a standard serial modem with a USB subsystem , which
    is supported by both hardware and OS, but distributed by a manufacturer that
    can't be bothered to tell users who upgrade their OS how to get it working
    in the hope that the consumer will bin it and buy a new one.

    lily, Aug 8, 2003

  3. lily

    lily Guest

    "Ian Boag" <> wrote in message
    > I've got a good idea. You should go into the modem business. You
    > should refuse to deal with suppliers who don't meet your requirements
    > 100%. With a brain like yours you'll make heaps.

    I've got an even better idea mr dynalink.
    Put the instructions on the support page.
    How simple is that ?
    lily, Aug 8, 2003
  4. lily

    Wyn Guest

    "lily" <> wrote in message

    > "Wyn" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "lily" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "Wyn" <> wrote in message

    > will

    > for
    > > > use

    > > > changed

    > we
    > > > have

    for

    > > > Hardly
    > > > If it works, why don't they support it.
    > > > Or are you saying they do now.
    > > > If so, why should users have to contact Dynalink, when they have a

    > support
    > > > page.

    > > I don't agree. I was told that the problem was not with Dynalink but

    with
    > > the manufacturers of the chip who had not provided drivers. The techie

    > went
    > > to all sorts of trouble to find a solution.
    > >
    > > Wyn

    > I appreciate that you luv the techie that scratched your itch to bits, but
    > its just another example of the PC business mess, a problem that should
    > never have been allowed to happen in the first place.
    > Its nothing more than a standard serial modem with a USB subsystem , which
    > is supported by both hardware and OS, but distributed by a manufacturer

    that
    > can't be bothered to tell users who upgrade their OS how to get it working
    > in the hope that the consumer will bin it and buy a new one.

    If that was the case how come it was only this particular model that wasn't
    supported out of about a dozen? And this does not include their internal
    modems. Even their old 14.4K was supported.

    There well may be manufacturers that operate in the manner that you suggest
    but not so in this case.
    Wyn, Aug 8, 2003