Re: DVD software

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Melissa W. Wright, Aug 11, 2005.

  1. In article <vltBe.159533$>, "BR549"
    <> wrote:
    >Do a google search for DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. You need both and they
    >are free.
    >
    >"rick" <> wrote in message
    >If I needed to copy a DVD to another DVD, what is the best software or way
    >to do this. i would only be wanting to copy originals that I owned, to make
    >backups incase the original got scratched!!

    From another thread .....
    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 14:46:07 +0000 (UTC), "AAH" wrote:
    >Any freeware utility to copy DVD disks
    >Some are copy protected.
    >How to make a safekeeping copy.
    >Any advice would be appreciated.

    DVDFab Decrypter
    http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm
    DVDFab Decrypter is a simple version of DVDFab Express.
    It copies entire DVD movie to hard disk, and removes all the
    protections (CSS, RC, RCE, Macrovision, UOPs and Sony ARccOS)
    while copying.

    DVD Decrypter
    http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/DVD_Decrypter/1011845169/1
    DVD Decrypter is a free tool which enables you decrypt and copy
    a DVD to your PC's hard disk. From there you can choose to watch
    them with the likes of PowerDVD and WinDVD or you can re-encode
    them to MPEG1 (VCD) or DivX. Advanced functionality can be found
    in the DVD Decrypter context menus.

    DVD Shrink
    http://www.dvdshrink.org/
    http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/DVD_Shrink/1050004458/1
    DVD Shrink is software to backup DVD disks. You can use this
    software in conjunction with DVD burning software of your choice
    to make a backup copy of any DVD video disk. The output from
    DVD Shrink is saved as files on your hard drive, which you can
    then burn to a DVD-R using separate burning software, such
    as the software provided with your DVD-R drive.

    See also DVD43, IFOEdit, & IFORegionFree.

    Melissa W. Wright, Aug 11, 2005