Re: DVD Player Kills Family of Seven

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Dave D, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. Dave D

    Dave D Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > From the Livewire Newsfeed
    >
    > August 4, 2003
    >
    > A New Mexico family was killed by a DVD player last Friday.
    > Authorities reported that it appeared that the DVD player had just
    > been purchased. Apparently an accident caused the player to fall off
    > the television set in their living room. It is suspected that the
    > family cat possibly knocked it down. The plastic case of the DVD
    > player became cracked during the fall to the floor, emitting the fatal
    > radiation which killed the entire family of seven.
    >
    > Authorities were notified on Saturday when a relative came to visit
    > and found the family car in the driveway and no one would answer the
    > door. When the police arrived they used forced entry and were shocked
    > at what they found. There were dead bodies laying all over the living
    > room floor, including the husband, wife and five children. None of
    > them showed any signs of physical abuse, and all other possibile
    > causes of death have been ruled out. Authorities are positive the
    > deaths were caused by the DVD player.
    >
    > Additionally, the first officer to enter the premises was struck down
    > and affected by the harmful radiation, and is hospitalized in critical
    > condition. The electric company was summoned and disconnected the
    > power to the premises before further action could be taken.
    >
    > A cat was found laying right next to the fatal DVD player, which leads
    > to the suspicion that the cat was the cause of the player falling off
    > of the television.
    >
    > Names of the family members are being withheld until further
    > investigation and notification of relatives of the deceased.
    > Funeral arrangements will be announced shortly.

    Well, he's done it again. A spoof post so obviously intended as a joke has
    sucked in supposedly intelligent technically minded folks into thinking it's
    a genuine case, and yet again we get a flood of ill-tempered technical
    rebuttals. Jeez, my 10 year old daughter read it and realised straight away
    it was a laugh, nothing more. What the heck is wrong with you people?

    There's obviously a need for some of you to get out more, relax and smile
    once in a while, if you don't find this guys posts amusing, fine. However
    responding in a serious manner just makes you look like nerdy idiots.

    Dave
    Dave D, Aug 5, 2003

  2. >Well, he's done it again. A spoof post so obviously intended as a joke has
    >sucked in supposedly intelligent technically minded folks into thinking it's
    >a genuine case, and yet again we get a flood of ill-tempered technical
    >rebuttals. Jeez, my 10 year old daughter read it and realised straight away
    >it was a laugh, nothing more. What the heck is wrong with you people?
    >
    >There's obviously a need for some of you to get out more, relax and smile
    >once in a while, if you don't find this guys posts amusing, fine. However
    >responding in a serious manner just makes you look like nerdy idiots.

    Did you HAVE to spoil it? :)
    Laurence Payne, Aug 5, 2003

  3. : >There's obviously a need for some of you to get out more, relax and smile
    : >once in a while, if you don't find this guys posts amusing, fine. However
    : >responding in a serious manner just makes you look like nerdy idiots.
    :
    : Did you HAVE to spoil it? :)

    It's not just spoiling a joke. There are allot of people who will take this
    seriously. Jay Leno's Jaywalking proves how many people will buy into this
    crap. The same people who think "Denzel Washington was our first President"
    or "America was founded in 1976".

    TTFN
    Scott
    Deaf Does NOT Equate Daft ... in other people's cases.
    Moderator of a "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" List
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/-Buffy-/
    Moderator/Owner of HandiBooks
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HandiBooks/
    "The Buddha said all life is suffering. He was an optimist."
    -S Robbins
    Giles - We few. We happy few.
    Spike - We band of buggered.
    The Plumply Perverse Pool Guy, Aug 5, 2003
  4. Dave D

    gothika Guest

    On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 14:42:33 +0000 (UTC), "Dave D"
    <> wrote:
    This isa forum for factual exchange of information not bad "jokes".
    Try reading the forum title before posting crappy jokes.
    Or better yet go find a forum with humor or jokes in it's title.
    Most who come to this forum are here for serious pursuits.

    gothika, Sep 17, 2003
  5. Dave D

    Bob Ward Guest

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:13:06 GMT, gothika <>
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 14:42:33 +0000 (UTC), "Dave D"
    ><> wrote:
    >This isa forum for factual exchange of information not bad "jokes".
    >Try reading the forum title before posting crappy jokes.
    >Or better yet go find a forum with humor or jokes in it's title.
    >Most who come to this forum are here for serious pursuits.

    And which "forum" would that be, snookums?
    Bob Ward, Sep 17, 2003
  6. On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:13:06 GMT, in the lashing rain and blustering
    wind gothika <> put finger to keyboard and
    slapdashedly cobbled together this missive:

    <bollocks snipped>

    >>> Names of the family members are being withheld until further
    >>> investigation and notification of relatives of the deceased.
    >>> Funeral arrangements will be announced shortly.

    >>Well, he's done it again. A spoof post so obviously intended as a joke has
    >>sucked in supposedly intelligent technically minded folks into thinking it's
    >>a genuine case, and yet again we get a flood of ill-tempered technical
    >>rebuttals. Jeez, my 10 year old daughter read it and realised straight away
    >>it was a laugh, nothing more. What the heck is wrong with you people?
    >>
    >>There's obviously a need for some of you to get out more, relax and smile
    >>once in a while, if you don't find this guys posts amusing, fine. However
    >>responding in a serious manner just makes you look like nerdy idiots.
    >>
    >>Dave
    >>

    >On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 14:42:33 +0000 (UTC), "Dave D"
    ><> wrote:
    >This isa forum for factual exchange of information not bad "jokes".
    >Try reading the forum title before posting crappy jokes.
    >Or better yet go find a forum with humor or jokes in it's title.
    >Most who come to this forum are here for serious pursuits.

    So you're saying that you never have a laugh with mates, never tell
    jokes at times other than in a comedy club, are never in a bar and
    recount a humourous anecdote and never ever talk try to be funny when
    watching a DVD?

    Nerd.

    That is all.

    Dave
    ---
    This is a test. In a real emerency you would all be naked and I would be drunk.
    Lazlo Woodbine, Sep 17, 2003
  7. In article <>, gothika wrote:
    > On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 14:42:33 +0000 (UTC), "Dave D"
    ><> wrote:
    > This isa forum for factual exchange of information not bad "jokes".
    > Try reading the forum title before posting crappy jokes.
    > Or better yet go find a forum with humor or jokes in it's title.
    > Most who come to this forum are here for serious pursuits.

    It was a good joke a month or so ago.

    Geoff.
    --
    Geoffrey S. Mendelson 972-54-608-069
    Icq/AIM Uin: 2661079 MSN IM: (Not for email)
    Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Sep 17, 2003
  8. Dave D

    Jeeters Guest

    This thread died and was buried over month ago. Get in the time machine!
    And did you have to repost the entire thing? All that will do will restart
    the thread.

    "gothika" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 14:42:33 +0000 (UTC), "Dave D"
    > <> wrote:
    > This isa forum for factual exchange of information not bad "jokes".
    > Try reading the forum title before posting crappy jokes.
    > Or better yet go find a forum with humor or jokes in it's title.
    > Most who come to this forum are here for serious pursuits.

    <<<SNIP>>>
    Jeeters, Sep 18, 2003
  9. Dave D

    Max Volume Guest

    In article <>, Jeeters
    <> wrote:

    > This thread died and was buried over month ago. Get in the time machine!

    I am accepting donations on behalf of the family of this thread. This
    is not a scam whereby I take all the donations and jet off to Rio, this
    is real. Please send all donations to:

    "Killer DVD Player" Thread Memorial Fund
    Behind The Hot Water Pipes
    Third Washroom Along
    Victoria Station
    Max Volume, Sep 19, 2003
  10. Dave D

    Ross Mac Guest

    Yeah, I like it....Lets send all donations for a Carribean vacation to: "All
    in this thread" (accept the originator)....
    We can all wait at some bank in the Caymens for the bucks to poor in. Well
    hey, it works for that idiot preacher on TV who asks for "A thousand dollar
    vow of faith"...heck if you believe this one you might as well send the
    gran.....still laughing....later, Ross

    Ross Mac, Oct 4, 2003