Re: DVD Player Kills Family of Seven

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Jeeters, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. Jeeters

    Jeeters Guest

    At least with these DVD lasers, the cuts are usually pretty clean making the
    prognosis for reattachment of fingers and/or limbs pretty good.

    "Hank" <> wrote in message
    news:a5CXa.2438$a%...
    > Bet it was an Apex brand. I have one with a flaky laser and it severed a

    finger

    Jeeters, Aug 5, 2003

  2. That's what the tube of superglue that comes with the unit is for.

    Peter Gottlieb, Aug 5, 2003

  3. Jeeters

    Hank Guest

    And if you get the 240 volt auto cauterizing units, there's no bleeding!

    Hank, Aug 6, 2003
  4. Jeeters

    Guest

    On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 09:06:47 -0400, "Jeeters" <> wrote:

    >At least with these DVD lasers, the cuts are usually pretty clean making the
    >prognosis for reattachment of fingers and/or limbs pretty good.
    >
    >"Hank" <> wrote in message
    >> Bet it was an Apex brand. I have one with a flaky laser and it severed a

    >finger
    >> once when I reached for the DVD disc too soon.
    >>

    >> > A New Mexico family was killed by a DVD player last Friday.

    For any goofballs who actually entertained the idea
    a DVD laser might pose a threat at all, here's one you
    can buy for your desktop that does.

    http://www.hitecpioneers.com/laser/versalaser.htm
    , Aug 6, 2003