Re: DVD Player Hookup

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by frumious bandersnatch, Jan 19, 2004.

  1. On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 19:45:15 -0500, "frumious bandersnatch"
    <> wrote:

    >"Justin" <> wrote in message
    >> Ummm, go to Radioshack, or some other electroncs store, and buy a couple
    >> of Y cable/splitter cables.

    >That was my first thought but the sales guy at Best Buy stated that the use
    >of those Y-cables would not work - something about not being able to
    >separate the signals, blah, blah, blah ... hence the query in this
    >newsgroup. Thanks for your input.

    >Nonsense. It will work although there's a tiny possibility that the
    >TV's low input impedance might be a problem. OTOH, it is likely that
    >the extra pair of RCA jacks you are used to are simply connected to
    >the other pair as would a Y-connector.

    >Kal

    I thought I would pass on the recommendations from Sony Sales Support but
    the purchase of a new receiver to allow for the use of the DVD unit as a CD
    player seems somewhat drastic:

    >If your stereo system has audio output along with speaker out then you will
    >be able to connect the audio out of the DVD player to the audio in of the
    >stereo and then connect the audio out of the stereo to the audio in of your
    >TV.
    >
    >You will be able to use the stereo and DVD player connected as a CD player
    >unit by connecting the DVD player's audio out connections to the audio in
    >port of stereo and connecting speakers to the stereo unit.
    >
    >You can visit the following URL to have a look at our current line of DVD
    >players.
    >
    >http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_Br

    owseCatalog-Start;sid=xGZfNUVfgzlfNQVVeSZVPgpT8BGtBfbFXwI=?Dept=hav&Category
    Name=hav_DVD_DVDPlayers

    >If your stereo system does not have this feature than you will have to opt
    >for our receiver. You can visit the following URL to have a look at our
    >receivers.
    >
    >http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_Br

    owseCatalog-Start;sid=xGZfNUVfgzlfNQVVeSZVPgpT8BGtBfbFXwI=?Dept=hav&Category
    Name=hav_HiFiComponents_Receivers_HiFiReceivers

    frumious bandersnatch, Jan 19, 2004