Re: DVD + or - ?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by misifus, Jul 31, 2003.

  1. misifus

    misifus Guest

    Lucas Tam wrote:

    >Scott Schuckert <> wrote in news:210520031835220819%
    >:
    >

    >>Therefore, unless you have a Mac, you should use whichever format they
    >>don't support. It's simple Windoze logic <grin>
    >>

    >But there are both +/- drives for Windows.
    >
    >So which do I use???
    >
    >Neither I guess ; )

    Well, my new Mac Powerbook writes and reads the -R standard, and my only
    problem is that none of the sources for media in my small town carry
    anything but +R, +RW, which is a bit frustrating. So far as the
    rendering and burning time goes, my laptop is not my primary or
    secondary computer, so I just set it to copy miniDV movies or to render
    and burn DVD-Rs from the movies with the built in software, and it does
    it's thing while I do other things. I found that once the "Movie" is
    encoded, addtional copies of the DVDs can be burned in something like 50
    minutes each. It's the coding that takes hours.

    I'm currently burning 10 copies of three DVDs worth of footage I shot at
    our first family reunion since 1967. This is priceless footage, we
    won't likely be together again like this for a long time, so I'm
    delighted that I can preserve and share it with my family around the
    country. even if it takes a while to produce the product, it's worth it.

    -Ralph

    --
    Misifus-
    Ralph Seibert