Re: DVD Menus and Players (Rant Warning)

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Walter Traprock, Dec 17, 2005.

  1. "unglued" <> wrote:

    > steve wrote:
    > > DVDs:
    > >
    > > Things I find it particularly annoying that DVD menus and behavior:
    > >

    > <snip>
    > >
    > > Rant over.
    > >
    > > steve

    > The ultimate solution is to just rip and strip the DVD of everything
    > you don't want. Who needs menus anyway unless you really want the
    > "behind the scenes" waffle and pointless trailers ? I bought the French
    > version of "Le Samurai" recently and the only option was if you wanted
    > English subtitles or not. No chapters, no commentaries, no filler and
    > that worked just fine. When you can run the film forwards or backwards
    > att 60x or 150x you don't even miss the chapter selection menu.

    Sure, that may work, but it's a kludge. I mean, making and burning a
    copy everytime you want to play something you don't already have a
    corrected copy of? Kludgy.

    And how would dvd-shrink, nero, and whatnot possibly work on a
    non-windows system?

    Walter Traprock, Dec 17, 2005