Re: dvd drive error message

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by PA Bear [MS MVP], Dec 16, 2008.

  1. [[And your IE question would be...? Forwarded to Windows x64bit General
    newsgroup via crosspost...again.]]

    PA Bear [MS MVP], Dec 16, 2008

  2. PA Bear [MS MVP]

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    I did some googling and found as a common denominator an issue related to
    drive lettering conflicts, as if two or more devices (removable and internal)
    were fighting for that letter.
    Some advices found:
    Disable your floppy drive in BIOS.
    Uninstall any virtual drive you may have.
    Manually assign a different letter, via disk management (Start, Run,
    diskmgmt.msc <ENTER>), to the external drives (pen drive, SD card, carry
    disk, etc.), don't let them share the letters.
    If the problem is still there I would delete both problematic drives from
    Device Manager, turn off the pc, unplug both of them and reboot.
    Let Windows detect that those drives are not there and then turn off the PC.
    Plug one of them, boot, assign manually one letter.
    Turn off the PC, plug the other on, boot, assign manually another letter.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 16, 2008