Re: DVD Cover

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Paul Heslop, Jul 19, 2008.

  1. Paul Heslop

    Paul Heslop Guest

    wrote:

    > > Can anyone advise what type of glossy paper (weight wise) is about
    > > right for the DVD covers that go inside the plastic on the outside of
    > > the DVD? e.g. 100gsm, 120gsm?
    > >
    > > Some of the DVDs I have the paper does seem pretty thin but when I
    > > have been looking for glossy paper for this I don't seem to have been
    > > able to find much below about 190gsm.

    > Lightweight gloss is not readily available, and the gloss might interact
    > with, or stick to, the plastic cover.
    > I'm looking at a pack of Tesco General Use Picture Paper A4 100 sheets
    > 120gsm. Blue outer card cover to pack, says matte coated inkjet paper.
    > Excellent inkjet results
    > I also have some 500 sheet packs of 90gsm Tesco Extra White Inkjet
    > Paper, which gives good inkjet results. It also says colour copier, colour
    > laser, and gives no problems with my mono laser. AFAIR about £3.50
    > a pack. Might have been a bulk buy, but it was cheap for the spec, so
    > after testing I went back for a few more packs.
    > There is a difference between commercial printing and DIY,
    > main thing if you are using inkjet, is to find a paper that stops the ink
    > migrating through the fibres of the paper, which usually means a coated,
    > specified for inkjet paper.
    > HP, Xerox System X, are similar.
    > If you want to use coated inkjet paper in a laser it needs to be
    > specified for inkjet and laser, otherwise the coating may damage
    > the fuser.

    I use Photo matte papers. I find the coated thin ones a little brittle
    and a bit of searching on some websites (svp has already been
    mentioned) can get you good bargains. I was concerned that glossy
    would stick, and coated, apart from the brittleness, is usually one
    sided (?) whereas some matte paper is able to use both sides, much
    better for a half blind idiot like me :O)

    --
    Paul (We won't die of devotion)
    Stop and Look

    Paul Heslop, Jul 19, 2008