Re: DVD Cover

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Jeff Strickland, Jul 19, 2008.

  1. I do not understand the goal. What are you trying to do?

    The only reason for paper labels is that they can print on the label
    separately from the CD itself. You could make your own CD and write on it
    with a felt-tip marker (Sharpie brand is excellent for this) and have no
    paper at all. The blank labels you buy at the store to print at home are
    going to be heavy enough to be fed through any printer. If they are too
    thin, some printers may not like them.

    Jeff Strickland, Jul 19, 2008

  2. "Trev" <trevbowdenAT.dsl.pipex.COM> wrote in message
    > In news:g5tda6$bnu$,
    > <> Jeff Strickland bashed on keyboard and typed:
    >> I do not understand the goal. What are you trying to do?
    >>
    >> The only reason for paper labels is that they can print on the label
    >> separately from the CD itself. You could make your own CD and write
    >> on it with a felt-tip marker (Sharpie brand is excellent for this)
    >> and have no paper at all. The blank labels you buy at the store to
    >> print at home are going to be heavy enough to be fed through any
    >> printer. If they are too thin, some printers may not like them.
    >>

    >> "John" <> wrote in message
    >>> Can anyone advise what type of glossy paper (weight wise) is about
    >>> right for the DVD covers that go inside the plastic on the outside of
    >>> the DVD? e.g. 100gsm, 120gsm?
    >>>
    >>> Some of the DVDs I have the paper does seem pretty thin but when I
    >>> have been looking for glossy paper for this I don't seem to have been
    >>> able to find much below about 190gsm.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> John

    > I think he means for the case.
    >
    > Well you dont necessarily have to use glossy, as the plastic sleeve will
    > make it glossy so any photo paper will do. I would check out
    > http://svp.co.uk/index.php Good rang of papers in different weights from
    > £2 a pack Satin and silk low cost paper look very good. where as cheap
    > glossy never looks smooth
    >

    > --
    > Trev
    > Nobody is perfect.
    > But Being a Yorkshire man is as close as you can get.

    Sorry for my top post, but one ought to follow suit. When responding to a
    top poster, it helps everybody if you top post as well. I get that I am a
    prick for top posting, but you are not likewise a prick for keeping the
    discussion going in order, improper or not.

    In any case, is the OP merely asking about paper jewel cases? If so, get
    whatever is available.

    Jeff Strickland, Jul 19, 2008

  3. Jeff Strickland

    John H. Guest

    Trev wrote:
    > In news:g5tda6$bnu$,
    > <> Jeff Strickland bashed on keyboard and typed:
    >> I do not understand the goal. What are you trying to do?
    >>
    >> The only reason for paper labels is that they can print on the label
    >> separately from the CD itself. You could make your own CD and write
    >> on it with a felt-tip marker (Sharpie brand is excellent for this)
    >> and have no paper at all. The blank labels you buy at the store to
    >> print at home are going to be heavy enough to be fed through any
    >> printer. If they are too thin, some printers may not like them.
    >>

    >> "John" <> wrote in message
    >>> Can anyone advise what type of glossy paper (weight wise) is about
    >>> right for the DVD covers that go inside the plastic on the outside of
    >>> the DVD? e.g. 100gsm, 120gsm?
    >>>
    >>> Some of the DVDs I have the paper does seem pretty thin but when I
    >>> have been looking for glossy paper for this I don't seem to have been
    >>> able to find much below about 190gsm.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> John

    > I think he means for the case.
    >
    > Well you dont necessarily have to use glossy, as the plastic sleeve will
    > make it glossy so any photo paper will do. I would check out
    > http://svp.co.uk/index.php Good rang of papers in different weights from £2
    > a pack Satin and silk low cost paper look very good. where as cheap glossy
    > never looks smooth

    If you are in the usa. You can get the dvd case inserts at
    supermediastore.com 50 pc. for $14.95
    J.H.

    John H., Jul 19, 2008
  4. Jeff Strickland

    G Hardy Guest

    "Trev" wrote...

    > Well you dont necessarily have to use glossy, as the plastic sleeve will
    > make it glossy so any photo paper will do. I would check out
    > http://svp.co.uk/index.php Good rang of papers in different weights from
    > £2 a pack Satin and silk low cost paper look very good. where as cheap
    > glossy never looks smooth

    I've just bought some Mirror 130gsm glossy paper from SVP:
    http://svp.co.uk/product/mirror_130gsm_premium_plus_glossy_a4_photo_paper_6194

    Works out at 4½p per sheet, and brilliant for DVD inserts

    G Hardy, Jul 20, 2008