Re: DVD/CD ROM Not Working

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bucky Breeder, Nov 30, 2010.

  1. Doug <> via news:Zr2dnWLu7
    :

    > I've got a new emachines E528 laptop running Widows 7.
    > When I put a cd/dvd into the disc drive, neither will play.
    > I can hear & feel the disc spinning up, but after a few seconds it stops.
    > The drive is recognized & will eject the disc when I click "Eject".
    >
    > Any idea what could be going on here?

    Once the rattling and clanking stops and you hear the whir
    of all the little ones-and-zeros spinning really fast, then,
    double-click your "[My] Computer" icon and either click your
    removable disc drive or right-click it and go from there...

    HTH.

    --

    Hello, I'm Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and you're not.

    http://www.socialmediasobrietytest.com/

    http://thedogpaddler.com/RandomUploads/Ball/ball.htm

    Repent! The end is near... Or... good luck
    with that whole pesky "apocolypse" thangy.
    Bucky Breeder, Nov 30, 2010