Re: DVD burner for $200???

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Scott Streeter, Aug 27, 2003.

  1. (Dean Richard) writes:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Are there any decent IDE DVD burners in the $200 price range? If so,
    > which would be the best for me? I am going to be burning DVDs from
    > both VHS tape copies and DV transfers. In order, my priorities are:
    >
    > 1) Works with inexpensive blank DVDs
    > 2) Support for both DVD+ and DVD-
    > 3) Speed
    > 4) Reliability
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
    >
    > Dean

    Check out Pricewatch.com. The latest Pioneer (forget the number) was
    about $180 at one place. DVD-RW, DVD+RW, etc....

    --
    Scott Streeter

    http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

    Scott Streeter, Aug 27, 2003

  2. Scott Streeter

    keved Guest

    The Sony DW-U10A is available for $165 with free shipping:
    http://dealmac.com/articles/55270.html

    I have both this and the Pioneer in my Mac. The Pioneer is a little faster,
    but both work very well.

    --kevine

    keved, Aug 27, 2003

  3. Yes, but the U10A is a previous generation burner.

    Colon Terminus, Aug 28, 2003