Re: Dust on the focusing screen

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by J. Clarke, Aug 28, 2013.

  1. J. Clarke

    J. Clarke Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Hainvg a dust problem, but not on the sensor. I've got dust on the
    > focusing screen. I've tried blowing it off, but some appears to be
    > held permanently in place by electrostatic forces, or glue or
    > something. At any rate, I can't get it off. It's really just a
    > distraction, not a problem, but it drives me crazy. Any suggestions?

    Sable artist's brush. You should be able to get one at a hardware store
    dirt cheap or at an art supply store for a little more. Rinse it and
    let it dry before you use it--some of them come with a sizing on them
    that makes them pretty stiff until they've been washed.

    If that doesn't work, then get a sensor cleaning kit--if it's safe for
    the sensor it should be safe for the focusing screen.

    FWIW, I got this kit a couple of years back
    <http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Survival-KIT-Sensor-
    Eclipse/dp/B000PNGM18/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1377723390&sr=8-2
    &keywords=dslr+sensor+cleaning+kit> and cleaned the sensor three times
    since--it works fine.

    J. Clarke, Aug 28, 2013