Re: Dusk or Dawn is available mid day!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by otter, Sep 14, 2011.

  1. otter

    otter Guest

    On Sep 13, 5:40 pm, Bowser <> wrote:
    > The Dusk or Dawn gallery is posted, and it's a very healthy gallery,
    > too. Some nice shots in there. Take a look, and offer a friendly
    > critique, if you dare.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn

    Wow! Some very nice shots this time.

    I especially liked, in no particular order:

    Peter N The beak - very nice, but not sure of the tie to dusk or dawn
    Tim Conway Old - it just grabbed me when I looked at it
    Dan P #1 - The motion draws me in
    Alan B#2 - Great red color
    Peter Chant - both of them nice - surreal
    Bowser #1 - like a painting
    Duck - all 3 very nice
    Peter N - sausage & peppers - how many pictures did you submit? Or
    are there 2 Peter Ns? Very striking picture.
    Irwell - I liked all three, but not exactly sure why.
    and I liked many of the rest, but would feel foolish just to list
    everyone.

    Seriously, I think this is the best collection I've seen from this
    group. Good job!

    otter, Sep 14, 2011

  2. otter

    Irwell Guest

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 20:50:40 -0700 (PDT), otter wrote:

    > On Sep 13, 5:40 pm, Bowser <> wrote:
    >> The Dusk or Dawn gallery is posted, and it's a very healthy gallery,
    >> too. Some nice shots in there. Take a look, and offer a friendly
    >> critique, if you dare.
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn

    > Wow! Some very nice shots this time.
    >
    > I especially liked, in no particular order:
    >
    > Peter N The beak - very nice, but not sure of the tie to dusk or dawn
    > Tim Conway Old - it just grabbed me when I looked at it
    > Dan P #1 - The motion draws me in
    > Alan B#2 - Great red color
    > Peter Chant - both of them nice - surreal
    > Bowser #1 - like a painting
    > Duck - all 3 very nice
    > Peter N - sausage & peppers - how many pictures did you submit? Or
    > are there 2 Peter Ns? Very striking picture.
    > Irwell - I liked all three, but not exactly sure why.
    > and I liked many of the rest, but would feel foolish just to list
    > everyone.
    >
    > Seriously, I think this is the best collection I've seen from this
    > group. Good job!

    I too liked the Peter Chant, love the way the old steam engines
    are belting away whilst the chatting folks look disconnected from
    all the activity.

    Also the b/w picture from Paul Furman with the saxophonist
    posed in one corner.

    Irwell, Sep 14, 2011

  3. otter

    Peter Chant Guest

    Irwell wrote:

    > I too liked the Peter Chant, love the way the old steam engines
    > are belting away whilst the chatting folks look disconnected from
    > all the activity.

    Cheers all, much appreciated.

    > Also the b/w picture from Paul Furman with the saxophonist
    > posed in one corner.

    Dawn or Busk?

    --
    http://www.petezilla.co.uk

    Peter Chant, Sep 14, 2011
  4. otter

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/14/2011 12:04 PM, Irwell wrote:
    > On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 20:50:40 -0700 (PDT), otter wrote:
    >
    >> On Sep 13, 5:40 pm, Bowser<> wrote:
    >>> The Dusk or Dawn gallery is posted, and it's a very healthy gallery,
    >>> too. Some nice shots in there. Take a look, and offer a friendly
    >>> critique, if you dare.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn

    >> Wow! Some very nice shots this time.
    >>
    >> I especially liked, in no particular order:
    >>
    >> Peter N The beak - very nice, but not sure of the tie to dusk or dawn
    >> Tim Conway Old - it just grabbed me when I looked at it
    >> Dan P #1 - The motion draws me in
    >> Alan B#2 - Great red color
    >> Peter Chant - both of them nice - surreal
    >> Bowser #1 - like a painting
    >> Duck - all 3 very nice
    >> Peter N - sausage& peppers - how many pictures did you submit? Or
    >> are there 2 Peter Ns? Very striking picture.
    >> Irwell - I liked all three, but not exactly sure why.
    >> and I liked many of the rest, but would feel foolish just to list
    >> everyone.
    >>
    >> Seriously, I think this is the best collection I've seen from this
    >> group. Good job!

    > I too liked the Peter Chant, love the way the old steam engines
    > are belting away whilst the chatting folks look disconnected from
    > all the activity.

    Hope those people were disconnected. It looks like the steam engines
    were generating electricity. <duck>

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Sep 14, 2011
  5. otter

    Peter Chant Guest

    PeterN wrote:

    > Hope those people were disconnected. It looks like the steam engines
    > were generating electricity. <duck>

    The engines were generating, some for their own lights only, others were
    powering rides.

    --
    http://www.petezilla.co.uk

    Peter Chant, Sep 15, 2011