Re: DUCK! IT'S THE D60 !!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Sep 4, 2003.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "FocusClick"

    >Meter on the blue sky, open up a stop or two and shoot away.

    Think about what you just wrote!

    Here's a hint: Bye-Bye Blue Sky !
    Annika1980, Sep 4, 2003

  2. "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > >From: "FocusClick"

    > >Meter on the blue sky, open up a stop or two and shoot away.

    > Think about what you just wrote!
    >
    > Here's a hint: Bye-Bye Blue Sky !

    No anni, you are incorrect. i have taken plenty of shots with a fill flash
    and had the sky keep its color, no problem.
    Steven C \(Doktersteve\), Sep 5, 2003

  3. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "Steven C \(Doktersteve\)"

    >> >Meter on the blue sky, open up a stop or two and shoot away.

    >> Think about what you just wrote!
    >>
    >> Here's a hint: Bye-Bye Blue Sky

    >No anni, you are incorrect. i have taken plenty of shots with a fill flash
    >and had the sky keep its color, no problem.

    Fill flash? Who is talking about fill flash?
    What part of "Meter on the blue sky, open up a stop or two and shoot away." are
    you having problems with?
    Annika1980, Sep 5, 2003
  4. "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > >From: "Steven C \(Doktersteve\)"

    > >> Think about what you just wrote!
    > >>
    > >> Here's a hint: Bye-Bye Blue Sky

    > >No anni, you are incorrect. i have taken plenty of shots with a fill

    flash
    > >and had the sky keep its color, no problem.
    > >

    > Fill flash? Who is talking about fill flash?
    > What part of "Meter on the blue sky, open up a stop or two and shoot

    away." are
    > you having problems with?

    No, i understood what you were saying. I am adding another technique which
    can be used to brighten up the subject and keep the sky nice and blue.
    I am talking about flash because FocusClick also mentioned it, and he and i
    are both correct in adding that if you were to use a flash it would keep the
    sky blue, brighten up the birds, and give you the result on one shot, which
    you claim is not possible.

    Steven
    Steven C \(Doktersteve\), Sep 5, 2003
  5. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "Steven C \(Doktersteve\)"

    >> Fill flash? Who is talking about fill flash?

    >No, i understood what you were saying. I am adding another technique which
    >can be used to brighten up the subject and keep the sky nice and blue.
    >I am talking about flash because FocusClick also mentioned it, and he and i
    >are both correct in adding that if you were to use a flash it would keep the
    >sky blue, brighten up the birds, and give you the result on one shot, which
    >you claim is not possible.

    And if this frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass a-hoppin.

    http://members.aol.com/annika1980/froggy.jpg
    Annika1980, Sep 5, 2003
  6. Annika1980

    Mike Graham Guest

    In article <pWT5b.50880$>, Steven C (Doktersteve) wrote:

    > are both correct in adding that if you were to use a flash it would keep the
    > sky blue, brighten up the birds, and give you the result on one shot, which
    > you claim is not possible.

    The birds in question would have to be reasonably close though, yes?

    <http://www.metalmangler.com/photos/photos.htm>
    Mike Graham, Sep 5, 2003
  7. Annika1980

    George Kerby Guest

    On 9/5/03 5:07 AM, in article ,
    "Mike Graham" <> wrote:

    > In article <pWT5b.50880$>, Steven C
    > (Doktersteve) wrote:
    >
    >> are both correct in adding that if you were to use a flash it would keep the
    >> sky blue, brighten up the birds, and give you the result on one shot, which
    >> you claim is not possible.

    > The birds in question would have to be reasonably close though, yes?

    Yes, and it could be the reflection of a lightly shaded area on the ground
    that is in bright sunlight (concrete, sand, etc.) while the geese seem to be
    in filtered sunlight. Like I told Anni before, the picture is no big deal, a
    grab shot. He helped with his RAW techniques and admittedly, this is an area
    where digital excels, but it CAN be done with film given the right
    conditions.

    George Kerby, Sep 5, 2003