Re: DUCK! IT'S THE D60 !!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Sep 2, 2003

  2. Annika1980

    Rainer Guest

    > >> What a windshield sees......
    > http://members.aol.com/annika1980/geese.jpg
    >
    > >Your back!

    > You're damned skippy, hippie!
    >
    > Btw, I challenge anyone to get that exposure with film. Can't do it.

    you never ever tried film yourself? Or why do you think this (nice) picture
    can only be taken by digital? Nonsense!
    Rainer

    Rainer, Sep 2, 2003

  3. Annika1980

    FocusClick Guest

    What is so difficult about that exposure that it can be done with film?.

    FocusClick, Sep 2, 2003
  4. Annika1980

    Bryce Guest

    He's talking out of his butt I think.

    Hopefully he is, because if he's not, he's just plain stupid. I'll give him
    the benefit of the doubt and assume that he's simply talking out of his
    butt.

    Bryce, Sep 2, 2003
  5. Annika1980

    George Kerby Guest

    On 9/2/03 9:47 AM, in article ,
    "Annika1980" <> wrote:

    >> From: "Marli"

    >>> What a windshield sees......

    > http://members.aol.com/annika1980/geese.jpg
    >
    >> Your back!

    > You're damned skippy, hippie!
    >
    > Btw, I challenge anyone to get that exposure with film. Can't do it.

    Deer=Elk
    Duck=Goose
    What difference should film/digital make?

    George Kerby, Sep 3, 2003
  6. "Rainer" <> wrote in message

    > > http://members.aol.com/annika1980/geese.jpg
    > >
    > > >Your back!

    > > You're damned skippy, hippie!
    > >
    > > Btw, I challenge anyone to get that exposure with film. Can't do it.

    > you never ever tried film yourself? Or why do you think this (nice)

    picture
    > can only be taken by digital? Nonsense!
    > Rainer

    If you arent used to annika yet, you will see that he/she is devoid of logic
    most of the time.
    Hey annika, i am getting an Elan 7e pretty soon, want me to post some pics
    that i take with it?
    The shots you post arent very good most of the time, its not a product of
    the camera (any camera that isnt a point and shoot can get the same pics for
    the most part IMHO), its the person operating the camera that makes the
    photo good.

    Steven C \(Doktersteve\), Sep 3, 2003
  7. Annika1980

    badgerfish Guest

    Anni, you are showing your ignorance of photography again, that technique in
    film is called 'dodge' & 'burn' and is done on the enlarger in the darkroom.
    These words are something you are very familiar with in digital with your
    dodgy pictures & burned out highlights.....

    > >From: "FocusClick"

    > >What is so difficult about that exposure that it can be done with film?.

    > Try it.
    >
    > The problem is that if you expose for the sky, you get black sillouettes

    for
    > geese, and if you expose for the geese the sky becomes white.
    >
    > Like this:
    >
    > http://members.aol.com/annika1980/2exposures.jpg
    >
    > So how are you gonna get that in one shot with film? You ain't.
    > But shoot in RAW mode with the Totally Digital D60 and you can easily

    import

    badgerfish, Sep 3, 2003
  8. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "badgerfish"

    >Anni, you are showing your ignorance of photography again, that technique in
    >film is called 'dodge' & 'burn' and is done on the enlarger in the darkroom.

    Yeah, I think I read about that in one of my ancient history books. So now you
    need a darkroom with an enlarger or as someone suggested, a scanner to get the
    film image in digital form to manipulate it. Sounds like a lot of trouble to
    me.

    Annika1980, Sep 3, 2003
  9. Annika1980

    George Kerby Guest

    On 9/3/03 8:58 AM, in article ,
    "Annika1980" <> wrote:

    >> From: "badgerfish"

    >> Anni, you are showing your ignorance of photography again, that technique in
    >> film is called 'dodge' & 'burn' and is done on the enlarger in the darkroom.

    > Yeah, I think I read about that in one of my ancient history books. So now
    > you
    > need a darkroom with an enlarger or as someone suggested, a scanner to get
    > the
    > film image in digital form to manipulate it. Sounds like a lot of trouble to
    > me.

    You are an arrogant a-hole. With film, all one has to do is select spot
    metering and AE Lock (with my EOS-1-no problem), set the exposure,
    re-compose the image and then make the exposure. No big deal if the
    "photographer" knows what he is doing. Anni, you do some good work but being
    a dick is not very positive for your image here. We are *NOT* your "fans",
    but appreciate some of your work. I agree with "badge" and others that a lot
    of your crap is mediocre, but I generally like your good stuff - without the
    arrogance of a young "dude". When you reach your late 20s you will
    understand about "ancient history books" and "trouble". Good luck to you
    until then!

    George Kerby, Sep 4, 2003
  10. Annika1980

    George Kerby Guest

    On 9/3/03 6:51 PM, in article bj5ul0$mg2$,
    "badgerfish" <> wrote:

    > it was good enough for 100 years or so. But we can tell your pictures have
    > something of a 'hasty & not too much trouble' nature about them......
    >

    > "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    >>> From: "badgerfish"

    >>> Anni, you are showing your ignorance of photography again, that technique

    > in
    >>> film is called 'dodge' & 'burn' and is done on the enlarger in the

    > darkroom.
    >>
    >> Yeah, I think I read about that in one of my ancient history books. So

    > now you
    >> need a darkroom with an enlarger or as someone suggested, a scanner to

    > get the
    >> film image in digital form to manipulate it. Sounds like a lot of trouble

    >> me.

    I doubt that he has ever seen a darkroom, let alone got his hands "dirty".
    Typical!

    George Kerby, Sep 4, 2003
  11. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: George Kerby

    >You are an arrogant a-hole. With film, all one has to do is select spot
    >metering and AE Lock (with my EOS-1-no problem), set the exposure,
    >re-compose the image and then make the exposure. No big deal if the
    >"photographer" knows what he is doing.

    You're so full of shit. Using your method you'd get the geese exposed
    correctly (assuming that you were metering off the goose) but the sky would be
    a blown out white. And if you metered off the sky, the geese would be black.
    I don't give a rat's ass if you're John Shaw, those are the facts.

    Now go back to sucking badgerfish's tiny dick.

    Annika1980, Sep 4, 2003
  12. Annika1980

    zuuum Guest

    LMAO

    but I wonder how often we realize how much wizardry we perform to produce
    really good photos. The scenes we view with the human eye are a composite
    memory of hundreds of exposures and views. You look at the ducks, your iris
    expands, you look at the sky, you iris contracts. Our human vision is very
    sensitive, but also extemely limited in the amount of scene info we take in
    at any one moment. That is why sooooo many photographs never capture the
    "view" of being there; Because, our memory of a particular scene is
    actually a composite of hundreds of views, zooms and lighting adjustments.
    Try standing at a breathtaking vantage point and looking at nothing in
    particular with one eye covered and suddenly that rich scene flattens out to
    a dull "photo". Our memory of the "scene" is made of hundreds of zoom-ins
    and apeture adjustments for every object we remember as an element of the
    total "compositon". How does one reproduce that effect in a still photo?
    This is the ultimate challenge!

    zuuum, Sep 4, 2003
  13. Annika1980

    blech Guest

    "badgerfish" <> wrote in message news:<bj6seg$jaj$>...
    > Look like the Anni love fest has come to a sticky end...............

    Maybe so, but you didn't deny the "tiny dick" accusation!

    blech, Sep 4, 2003
  14. Annika1980

    George Kerby Guest

    On 9/3/03 8:28 PM, in article ,
    "Annika1980" <> wrote:

    >> From: George Kerby

    >> You are an arrogant a-hole. With film, all one has to do is select spot
    >> metering and AE Lock (with my EOS-1-no problem), set the exposure,
    >> re-compose the image and then make the exposure. No big deal if the
    >> "photographer" knows what he is doing.

    > You're so full of shit. Using your method you'd get the geese exposed
    > correctly (assuming that you were metering off the goose) but the sky would be
    > a blown out white. And if you metered off the sky, the geese would be black.
    > I don't give a rat's ass if you're John Shaw, those are the facts.
    >
    > Now go back to sucking badgerfish's tiny dick.

    Stick a Wedge up your wedge, Cockmouth!

    George Kerby, Sep 4, 2003

    ,
    > "Annika1980" <> wrote:
    >
    > >> From: "badgerfish"

    > >> Anni, you are showing your ignorance of photography again, that

    technique in
    > >> film is called 'dodge' & 'burn' and is done on the enlarger in the

    darkroom.

    > > Yeah, I think I read about that in one of my ancient history books. So

    now
    > > you
    > > need a darkroom with an enlarger or as someone suggested, a scanner to

    get
    > > the
    > > film image in digital form to manipulate it. Sounds like a lot of

    trouble to
    > > me.
    > >

    > You are an arrogant a-hole. With film, all one has to do is select spot
    > metering and AE Lock (with my EOS-1-no problem), set the exposure,
    > re-compose the image and then make the exposure. No big deal if the
    > "photographer" knows what he is doing. Anni, you do some good work but

    being
    > a dick is not very positive for your image here. We are *NOT* your "fans",
    > but appreciate some of your work. I agree with "badge" and others that a

    lot
    > of your crap is mediocre, but I generally like your good stuff - without

    the
    > arrogance of a young "dude". When you reach your late 20s you will
    > understand about "ancient history books" and "trouble". Good luck to you
    > until then!

    I agree. i was very much like anni years ago. i knew everything, digital was
    the end all of everything, and film was dead.
    boy did i ever learn the truth.

    Steven C \(Doktersteve\), Sep 5, 2003
  16. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "Steven C \(Doktersteve\)"

    >When you reach your late 20s you will
    >> understand about "ancient history books" and "trouble". Good luck to you
    >> until then!

    >I agree. i was very much like anni years ago. i knew everything, digital was
    >the end all of everything, and film was dead.
    >boy did i ever learn the truth.

    What truth about film did you learn?
    That it is dead?

    Annika1980, Sep 5, 2003
  17. "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > >From: "Steven C \(Doktersteve\)"

    > >When you reach your late 20s you will
    > >> understand about "ancient history books" and "trouble". Good luck to

    you
    > >> until then!

    > >I agree. i was very much like anni years ago. i knew everything, digital

    was
    > >the end all of everything, and film was dead.
    > >boy did i ever learn the truth.
    > >

    > What truth about film did you learn?
    > That it is dead?

    No, i learned a few things.
    All flames and cheap shots about sexuality aside annika (can you be mature
    about it? i hope so), i learned that film and digital wioll live side by
    side for some time. I learned that for certain applications film is great,
    and that for certain applications digital is by far the king.
    I learned that a light weight plastic body D60 isnt going to cut it for many
    people who cant afford a nice all metal 1Ds, and that many people who just
    want simple pics without poster sized blow ups wont want most digital
    cameras.
    I learned that film is still superior for capturing images (its a chemical
    process, and just takes in more detail), and that image sensors have a bit
    of maturing to do before they will be able to match film in every area. When
    image sensors in cameras get up to 30 megapixels or so, film will start to
    become useless, until then, its here to stay.
    I learned that by coming onto usenet and acting like i knew everything, i
    was bringing problems upon myself, and making people dislike me.

    As soon as i learned that, and decided to stay more low key in my posts, i
    stopped butting heads with everyone.

    Steven C \(Doktersteve\), Sep 5, 2003
  18. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "Steven C \(Doktersteve\)"

    >I learned that by coming onto usenet and acting like i knew everything, i
    >was bringing problems upon myself, and making people dislike me.
    >
    >As soon as i learned that, and decided to stay more low key in my posts, i
    >stopped butting heads with everyone.

    You bore me.

    Annika1980, Sep 5, 2003
  19. "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > >From: "Steven C \(Doktersteve\)"

    > >I learned that by coming onto usenet and acting like i knew everything, i
    > >was bringing problems upon myself, and making people dislike me.
    > >
    > >As soon as i learned that, and decided to stay more low key in my posts,

    > >stopped butting heads with everyone.

    > You bore me.

    You prove at this point annika, that you are ignorant, young, egotistical,
    and stupid. You cant hold a mature conversation with anyone, and when
    someone answers your questions with meaningful replies, you answer such as
    you have above.

    Steven C \(Doktersteve\), Sep 5, 2003
  20. Annika1980

    George Kerby Guest

    On 9/5/03 1:32 AM, in article c6W5b.5492$Fe6.1602@pd7tw2no, "Steven C
    (Doktersteve)" <> wrote:

    > "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    >>> From: "Steven C \(Doktersteve\)"

    >>> I learned that by coming onto usenet and acting like i knew everything, i
    >>> was bringing problems upon myself, and making people dislike me.
    >>>
    >>> As soon as i learned that, and decided to stay more low key in my posts,

    >>> stopped butting heads with everyone.

    >> You bore me.
    >>

    > You prove at this point annika, that you are ignorant, young, egotistical,
    > and stupid. You cant hold a mature conversation with anyone, and when
    > someone answers your questions with meaningful replies, you answer such as
    > you have above.

    It's really too bad because there is some talent there, but it is impaired
    by the swollen head that he possesses. Hopefully, with age will come
    maturity.

    George Kerby, Sep 5, 2003