Re: Dual XEON Processors, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by HamMan, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. HamMan

    HamMan Guest

    "Tester" <N/A@N/A.N/A> wrote in message
    > Hello Guys,
    >
    > I'm about to buy a dual 2.8 XEON processor PC as my home PC. My main
    > concern is will it do everything that a normal (single P4 or Athlon
    > processor) PC would do, i mean regarding gaming and watching DVD's.
    >
    > Will it have problems playing games, i don't really care if it doesn;t

    take
    > full advantage of dual, as long as my apps, games, entertainment etc all
    > work fine because it's a XEON PC. Price is not an issue so we can avoid an
    > alternative machine suggestions.
    >
    > any ideas!?
    >
    > Thanks

    Dual Xeon, thats going a bit OTT isnt it? 64bit should be plenty for
    anything except heavly used servers, let alone 128bit which you are looking
    at.

    You might want to get Windows XP 64bit, which i think you have to buy with
    the PC.

    Some older 16bit stuff might get a little confused though
    HamMan, Jul 25, 2003