Re: Dual channel memory

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Butterfield, Mar 2, 2006.

  1. Butterfield

    Butterfield Guest

    On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 16:23:58 GMT, Barry Watzman
    <> wrote:

    >Anyone know of a utility [preferably free] that actually and explicitly
    >tells you if a computer which is dual channel capable is actually
    >running in dual channel memory mode? I will be putting two "different
    >but similar" memory modules into a Toshiba A105 laptop (Intel chipset)
    >and want to know if they are similar enough to actually be running dual
    >channel.
    >
    >[Different but similar - One module made by Elpida, one by Hynix, but as
    >far as I can outwardly tell, both have the exact same specs, including
    >as many of the timing specs as I can identify, and both apparently have
    >the same internal organization.]

    When my PC boots I can read "Dual Channel Enabled" during the post.

    Try Everest Home Edition from www.softpedia.com
    or here http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
    Motherboard, Active, Dual Channel.
    (amazing how much this program looks like Aida32 (was my favorite))

    Try it before and after your memory swap.

    Butterfield

    Butterfield, Mar 2, 2006