Re: DTMF on VoIP Buster / VoIP Stunt

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by PeterW, Apr 15, 2006.

  1. PeterW

    PeterW Guest

    Sean <> wrote in
    news:e1pf05$j0h$2surf.net:

    > Hi, have call back set up on aserisk.
    >
    > So, i call asterisk, it calls me back from voipbuster, and i then make a
    > call from voipbuster.... But this does not work. It does work when
    > using other SIP providers.
    >
    > Do voipbuster block the DTMF's or something?

    You have to send DTMF in-band rather than RFC2833 or info (and this usually
    means using G.711a or G.711u).

    Peter
    PeterW, Apr 15, 2006

  2. PeterW

    Sean Guest

    PeterW wrote:
    > Sean <> wrote in
    >
    >> Hi, have call back set up on aserisk.
    >>
    >> So, i call asterisk, it calls me back from voipbuster, and i then make a
    >> call from voipbuster.... But this does not work. It does work when
    >> using other SIP providers.
    >>
    >> Do voipbuster block the DTMF's or something?
    >>

    > You have to send DTMF in-band rather than RFC2833 or info (and this usually
    > means using G.711a or G.711u).
    >
    > Peter

    in-band... is that the method i need to choose then?

    so dtmfmmode=in-band ?

    Will have a mess with it soon, just trying to move asterisk to a new
    hard drive ! :)
    Sean, Apr 15, 2006

  3. PeterW

    Sean Guest

    got it!

    dtmfmode=inband !:) thanks
    Sean, Apr 15, 2006

  4. >> Hi, have call back set up on aserisk.

    >> So, i call asterisk, it calls me back from voipbuster, and i then make a
    >> call from voipbuster....

    I am doing much the same thing here.

    I make a call to * on a Sipgate number, the call isn't answered so there is
    no charge but triggers a callback from a VoIPStunt trunk (actually VoIPCheap
    using Stunts server)

    * asks me for a password and I get the * internal dialtone if I dial 9 it
    selects the same VoIPCheap trunk (2 simultaneous channels are supported),
    so I can make free calls from any UK landline.

    It all works great apart from one thing.

    The calls to both PSTN phones are incoming,

    so when I have finished the call how on earth do I clear the calls down???

    --

    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    news.x-privat.org, Apr 17, 2006
  5. PeterW

    Graham Guest

    >> Hi, have call back set up on aserisk.
    >>
    >> So, i call asterisk, it calls me back from voipbuster, and i then make a
    >> call from voipbuster....

    I am doing much the same thing here.

    I make a call to * on a Sipgate number, the call isn't answered so there is
    no charge but triggers a callback from a VoIPStunt trunk (actually VoIPCheap
    using Stunts server)

    * asks me for a password and I get the * internal dialtone if I dial 9 it
    selects the same VoIPCheap trunk (2 simultaneous channels are supported),
    so I can make free calls from any UK landline.

    It all works great apart from one thing,

    When I have finished the call how on earth do I clear it down???

    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham, Apr 17, 2006
  6. PeterW

    Sean Guest

    Graham wrote:
    >>> Hi, have call back set up on aserisk.
    >>>
    >>> So, i call asterisk, it calls me back from voipbuster, and i then make a
    >>> call from voipbuster....

    > I am doing much the same thing here.
    >
    > I make a call to * on a Sipgate number, the call isn't answered so there is
    > no charge but triggers a callback from a VoIPStunt trunk (actually VoIPCheap
    > using Stunts server)
    >
    > * asks me for a password and I get the * internal dialtone if I dial 9 it
    > selects the same VoIPCheap trunk (2 simultaneous channels are supported),
    > so I can make free calls from any UK landline.
    >

    > It all works great apart from one thing,
    >
    > When I have finished the call how on earth do I clear it down???
    >

    > Graham.
    >

    > %Profound_observation%

    I don't know how you have yours setup.

    I don't get an internal dial tone, mine calls you back with a calling
    card gateway. When i hang up it stops all calls, or i can press ** and
    make another one :)
    Sean, Apr 18, 2006
  7. PeterW

    Sean Guest

    PeterW wrote:
    > Sean <> wrote in
    >
    >> Hi, have call back set up on aserisk.
    >>
    >> So, i call asterisk, it calls me back from voipbuster, and i then make a
    >> call from voipbuster.... But this does not work. It does work when
    >> using other SIP providers.
    >>
    >> Do voipbuster block the DTMF's or something?
    >>

    > You have to send DTMF in-band rather than RFC2833 or info (and this usually
    > means using G.711a or G.711u).
    >
    > Peter

    Ok, so i've now started messing with different codecs. Using GSM, what
    do voipbuster accept? .. It seems they don't accept any!

    Another SIP compnay i use used inband when using G711.. But now that i
    am using GSM the RFC2833 works... But no luck on VB yet
    Sean, Apr 23, 2006
  8. PeterW

    andy Guest

    PeterW wrote:
    > Sean <> wrote in
    >
    > > Hi, have call back set up on aserisk.
    > >
    > > So, i call asterisk, it calls me back from voipbuster, and i then make a
    > > call from voipbuster.... But this does not work. It does work when
    > > using other SIP providers.
    > >
    > > Do voipbuster block the DTMF's or something?
    > >

    > You have to send DTMF in-band rather than RFC2833 or info (and this usually
    > means using G.711a or G.711u).
    >
    > Peter

    I'm not techie enough to understand all this, but I have read elsewhere
    that Voipbuster et al do not seem to allow simultaneous calls anyway

    Or if anyone has managed it, I'd like to know
    andy, Apr 23, 2006
  9. PeterW

    Sean Guest

    andy wrote:
    > PeterW wrote:
    >> Sean <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Hi, have call back set up on aserisk.
    >>>
    >>> So, i call asterisk, it calls me back from voipbuster, and i then make a
    >>> call from voipbuster.... But this does not work. It does work when
    >>> using other SIP providers.
    >>>
    >>> Do voipbuster block the DTMF's or something?
    >>>

    >> You have to send DTMF in-band rather than RFC2833 or info (and this usually
    >> means using G.711a or G.711u).
    >>
    >> Peter

    > I'm not techie enough to understand all this, but I have read elsewhere
    > that Voipbuster et al do not seem to allow simultaneous calls anyway
    >
    > Or if anyone has managed it, I'd like to know

    I can manage three calls at once out of my voipbuster trunk it seems...
    Actually, just tried now, and managed 4 calls.
    Sean, Apr 23, 2006
  10. PeterW

    andy Guest

    Sean wrote:
    > > Or if anyone has managed it, I'd like to know
    > >

    > I can manage three calls at once out of my voipbuster trunk it seems...
    > Actually, just tried now, and managed 4 calls.

    Oh right, I don't have any hardware installation, asterisk or anything.

    I'm thinking of using it with separate callback service, and people
    seem to have had no audio when trying it, or the second call dropping
    out the first one.
    andy, Apr 23, 2006
  11. PeterW

    Sean Guest

    andy wrote:
    > Sean wrote:
    >>> Or if anyone has managed it, I'd like to know
    >>>

    >> I can manage three calls at once out of my voipbuster trunk it seems...
    >> Actually, just tried now, and managed 4 calls.

    > Oh right, I don't have any hardware installation, asterisk or anything.
    >
    > I'm thinking of using it with separate callback service, and people
    > seem to have had no audio when trying it, or the second call dropping
    > out the first one.

    What kind of callback service is this!?
    Sean, Apr 23, 2006